The Student Room Group

How to analyse better?

How do I analyse? Even if I understand what the questions asks, I'm not very good at finding pieces of evidence within the text and analysing them further. I am taking a WJEC English exam on 'Of Mice and Men' in January and cannot analyse for the life of me. How do you do it?
Reply 1
Original post by Jaz246810
How do I analyse? Even if I understand what the questions asks, I'm not very good at finding pieces of evidence within the text and analysing them further. I am taking a WJEC English exam on 'Of Mice and Men' in January and cannot analyse for the life of me. How do you do it?

Hi, I am also doing English Literature Of Mice and Men for WJEC in January! In my school, they provide highlighters I just like to highlight all the important information in the extract. If the extract question is mood and atmosphere, I would highlight any adverbs or things the characters do, but if it's a character, I will highlight the things they say. Then I would use PEEZ (Point, Evidence, Explain, Zoom) to analyse. I hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending