The Student Room Group

Do you think it is possible to learn 4 months of missed content of bio and chem

bio + chem help
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Liya_123
So I’ve been through an obstacle choosing my alevel subjects
I got my gcse through email to find that I got 5-5 in science I plead with the school to allow me to do bio and chemistry bc of external factors that had happened to me but they said they’ll think about but never got back to me I had to take health and social care,applied science and psychology
The health and social I hated sm I could never understand it on top bc I wasn’t enjoying it I became distress and unmotivated I instead revised bio and chem alevel only few topics I had cognito, free science lessons and cgp books and flashcards I was prepared and so the teachers let me take a mini test in October and I scored 90% they later said I couldn’t take bc of the gcse grades anyways long story short the gcse I had was someone else’s and I actually had a 8-7 I found out literally yesterday so from September to now do you think I’ve missed out a lot I need advice to learn quicker

ohmygod what the hell?! if science is something your still passionate about definitely go for it.better late than never!
So I’ve been through an obstacle choosing my alevel subjects
I got my gcse through email to find that I got 5-5 in science I plead with the school to allow me to do bio and chemistry bc of external factors that had happened to me but they said they’ll think about but never got back to me I had to take health and social care,applied science and psychology
The health and social I hated sm I could never understand it on top bc I wasn’t enjoying it I became distress and unmotivated I instead revised bio and chem alevel only few topics I had cognito, free science lessons and cgp books and flashcards I was prepared and so the teachers let me take a mini test in October and I scored 90% they later said I couldn’t take bc of the gcse grades anyways long story short the gcse I had was someone else’s and I actually had a 8-7 I found out literally yesterday so from September to now do you think I’ve missed out a lot I need advice to learn quicker

I'm confused how did you get someone else's GCSE grades?

Anyway missing an entire term of content is fairly significant, especially for chemistry I suspect where a lot of the material may build on it. It's really something you'd need to discuss with your teachers whether it is feasible. I think maybe it might be possible to catch up on one subject but two at the same time, you might be better looking at "restarting" 6th form again next year after finishing out this year, and starting with three new A-level subjects from scratch (including the two you want to do).
Original post by artful_lounger
I'm confused how did you get someone else's GCSE grades?

Anyway missing an entire term of content is fairly significant, especially for chemistry I suspect where a lot of the material may build on it. It's really something you'd need to discuss with your teachers whether it is feasible. I think maybe it might be possible to catch up on one subject but two at the same time, you might be better looking at "restarting" 6th form again next year after finishing out this year, and starting with three new A-level subjects from scratch (including the two you want to do).

Idk I’m confused as well I only found out bc I got the paper version and the grades on the paper is different to the email I got the teachers then told me the email was the wrong one they are looking further to it but it’s kinda sad for me tbh
I’m doing psychology already which I want and biology will be fine since my sister takes it but I think chemistry might be heavy I’m just thinking weather to resit or to bang out papers and after school revisions with the teacher I don’t know I just have to maybe ask them and see bc I hate health and social care
Also ty for the reply so much :smile:
Original post by ellohell6
ohmygod what the hell?! if science is something your still passionate about definitely go for it.better late than never!

Ikkk it’s so unfortunate and so rare I didn’t expect to have someone else gcse grades like it doesn’t make sense and why this long for them to realise
So you think I should take bio and chem I want to use this Christmas start learning stuff but idk where to start
Also ty for the reply
Reply 5

Ikkk it’s so unfortunate and so rare I didn’t expect to have someone else gcse grades like it doesn’t make sense and why this long for them to realise
So you think I should take bio and chem I want to use this Christmas start learning stuff but idk where to start
Also ty for the reply

if your doing AQA bio & chem you can start by:

- watching miss estruch videos for bio she summaries each topic in one video
- elliot rintoul for chemistry is great for learning and understanding
- whilst mr allery chemistry is also great for revising!
- use chem revise notes for chemistry to make resources but make sure to check with the spec - PMT is good for exam questions
- buy biology with olivia’s note they are so helpful it & you can make flashcards out of them to memorise content
Reply 6
Idk I’m confused as well I only found out bc I got the paper version and the grades on the paper is different to the email I got the teachers then told me the email was the wrong one they are looking further to it but it’s kinda sad for me tbh
I’m doing psychology already which I want and biology will be fine since my sister takes it but I think chemistry might be heavy I’m just thinking weather to resit or to bang out papers and after school revisions with the teacher I don’t know I just have to maybe ask them and see bc I hate health and social care
Also ty for the reply so much :smile:

Your story makes no sense - you get a print out from the exam board which cannot be wrong. By now you should have your certificates ... why didn't you ask for a review of your papers in August?

Quick Reply

Latest