The Student Room Group

Year 13 A-Level Comeback 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Introduction!

Hellooo. This is my first ever post so I'm still getting used to this haha. I'm a y13 alevel student studying bio, chem and maths and am hoping to study biomed at uni. I'm predicted A*AA but am currently at ABC so I really need to lock in and start the grind. I'm muslim bengali and don't have very many hobbies and interests (i find my interest piques in many small topics but I don't really pursue any long term hobbies). I do enjoy listening to music, watching dramas, and sketching though.

I am also fasting now since it's ramadan and am slightly concerned on managing deen alongside my (failing) grades so that's also something I'll have to figure out. My plan is to wake up for sehri (3:30AM) and finish praying at (5:30AM) and then stay up and revise till (7:30AM). Then I'll be at school and come back home (3:30-4:00PM). Shower (4:30PM), if i have any homework do it then, otherwise, read quran unti iftar which is at around (6:10PM). Taraweeh is very close this year so probably we'll have tea (my family are very obsessed with their chaa) and chill till then (7:30-8:00PM) and pray. Then after we have prayed (9:00PM), I'll come home and either study a bit or just sleep till sehri if I'm tired and so the cycle continues.

The only problem is I feel as though my study time is very short but I'm already feeling tired and I'm not even reading much quran. I have successfully managed to not listen to music yet though so I'm happy with that alhamdulillah. I've also fallen ill several times this year (I think 6 times already so I don't have time to waste at ALL.)

Anyway that's all for now. If anyone has any tips pls do lmk and I'm also desperate for some stem friends/bengali friends (I live in a very white populated area) so pls do reach out :smile:<3

mimi (>^~^)><3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hii!! i'm also a yr13 student and i've also applied for biomed at uni. i'm studying bio chem and english lit and i'm muslim pakistani :smile:

do you have frees at school? i find it helps to stay at school and revise and i don't get as tired as i do at home. also i think 3 hours a day is more than enough revision, i would suggest seeing what time you revise at best (for me it's evening time) and do all of your revision then, i find its easier than spacing it out as you just get it all done in one go. don't be too hard on yourself as you're doing amazing, it's not easy fasting 12 hours a day, having school and balancing your deen alongside that too, just set reasonable small goals for yourself as part of your deen is also being productive and working hard on your revision :smile: well done for not listening to music too!

also what are your exam boards for bio and chem?

menaal <3
Reply 2
Original post by menaalh
hii!! i'm also a yr13 student and i've also applied for biomed at uni. i'm studying bio chem and english lit and i'm muslim pakistani :smile:
do you have frees at school? i find it helps to stay at school and revise and i don't get as tired as i do at home. also i think 3 hours a day is more than enough revision, i would suggest seeing what time you revise at best (for me it's evening time) and do all of your revision then, i find its easier than spacing it out as you just get it all done in one go. don't be too hard on yourself as you're doing amazing, it's not easy fasting 12 hours a day, having school and balancing your deen alongside that too, just set reasonable small goals for yourself as part of your deen is also being productive and working hard on your revision :smile: well done for not listening to music too!
also what are your exam boards for bio and chem?
menaal <3
ahh hi menaal, what unis have u applied to!!

yess i have frees but they're always so awkwardly spaced out. ahh that's good, i work best in the morning when everyone's asleep so i don't get distracted lol and can work for 3-4 hrs in one go. thank youu i bet ur doing amazing too :smile: how are u finding ramadan?

im doing ocr a for bio and aqa for chem, hbu?

mimi <3
Reply 3
Saturday 16th March:
I woke up really late today as I went to bed at like 2 so I'm gonna have to cram some study time in today.

To do list for this week:
-do a chem paper 2 given in class (Mon)
-revise for amino acids test (Mon)
-DO the test T^T (Mon)
-mark the analysis paper i've done (Mon)
-revise whole of mechanics bc i also missed the exam bc i was ill :/ (Tues)
-go over bio content i missed bc i was ill (Wed)
-hypothesis testing with normal distribution hw (Fri)
-maths skills check (Fri)

Lots and lots to do!! I'm going to start by revising for the aromatics and amines bc that needs to be done by Monday. I'll try to get back here and update how much I've done to hold myself accountable T^T

mimi <3
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 4
Okay so I went over structure of benzene, nitration of benzene and friedel crafts acylation and did exam questions on those. I still need to go over the reaction of amines though so ig ill do that tomorrow and then do the unit test, and THEN do the exam paper (ik im gonna do so ish on it but atp im just tryna get everything done 😀)

night night,

mimi <3
Original post by aamina.hs
Introduction!
Hellooo. This is my first ever post so I'm still getting used to this haha. I'm a y13 alevel student studying bio, chem and maths and am hoping to study biomed at uni. I'm predicted A*AA but am currently at ABC so I really need to lock in and start the grind. I'm muslim bengali and don't have very many hobbies and interests (i find my interest piques in many small topics but I don't really pursue any long term hobbies). I do enjoy listening to music, watching dramas, and sketching though.
I am also fasting now since it's ramadan and am slightly concerned on managing deen alongside my (failing) grades so that's also something I'll have to figure out. My plan is to wake up for sehri (3:30AM) and finish praying at (5:30AM) and then stay up and revise till (7:30AM). Then I'll be at school and come back home (3:30-4:00PM). Shower (4:30PM), if i have any homework do it then, otherwise, read quran unti iftar which is at around (6:10PM). Taraweeh is very close this year so probably we'll have tea (my family are very obsessed with their chaa) and chill till then (7:30-8:00PM) and pray. Then after we have prayed (9:00PM), I'll come home and either study a bit or just sleep till sehri if I'm tired and so the cycle continues.
The only problem is I feel as though my study time is very short but I'm already feeling tired and I'm not even reading much quran. I have successfully managed to not listen to music yet though so I'm happy with that alhamdulillah. I've also fallen ill several times this year (I think 6 times already so I don't have time to waste at ALL.)
Anyway that's all for now. If anyone has any tips pls do lmk and I'm also desperate for some stem friends/bengali friends (I live in a very white populated area) so pls do reach out :smile:<3
mimi (>^~^)><3
heya welcome to grow your grades :smile:! i'm not exactly a stem student nor muslim, but i love how you're documenting your a level journeys especially during ramadan - that's great :smile:! also a fellow y13 here! i recommend joining in with TSR's Study Together sessions every Tuesday afternoon if you can make it! there's more info here: TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities! - The Student Room!

like i said, welcome :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by emm4nuella
heya welcome to grow your grades :smile:! i'm not exactly a stem student nor muslim, but i love how you're documenting your a level journeys especially during ramadan - that's great :smile:! also a fellow y13 here! i recommend joining in with TSR's Study Together sessions every Tuesday afternoon if you can make it! there's more info here: TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities! - The Student Room!
like i said, welcome :biggrin:
hii thank u so much :smile: oo that looks fun ill defo join!!
Reply 7
Sunday 17th March:

Today was a terrible day indeed. My mood and thus motivation was low and I did about half an hour of quick revision, nothing deep. I've lost the analysis paper I did and so can't mark it, and I found out the test was on amino acids and not aromatics/amines... My academics are not coming back 😭🙏🏽 I'm finding it so hard to be consistent with my studies and it feels like the smallest thing completely throws me off, but there's so many things not going my way, it just gets overwhelming.

Anyway, tomorrow inshallah things will go better.

To do list for this week (updated):
-mark the analysis paper i've done if i can find it.. (Mon)
-revise mechanics (Tues)
-go over bio content (Wed)
Sunday 17th March:
Today was a terrible day indeed. My mood and thus motivation was low and I did about half an hour of quick revision, nothing deep. I've lost the analysis paper I did and so can't mark it, and I found out the test was on amino acids and not aromatics/amines... My academics are not coming back 😭🙏🏽 I'm finding it so hard to be consistent with my studies and it feels like the smallest thing completely throws me off, but there's so many things not going my way, it just gets overwhelming.
Anyway, tomorrow inshallah things will go better.
To do list for this week (updated):
-mark the analysis paper i've done if i can find it.. (Mon)
-revise mechanics (Tues)
-go over bio content (Wed)
welcome to gyg! im a muslim doing stem subjects too so i'd love to watch your journey <3 you can get through this, i'm sorry today wasn't as good for you. make sure to prioritise rest, inshallah it'll all go well for you this week. good luck!
also let me tag some other gyg bloggers who might want to follow your journey! some are muslim too <3

@Tatakae L , @milktee , @AspiringSurvivor , @agent_duck343 , @kayleigh_t.27 , @erin11 !! (sorry if i've missed anybody!)
welcome to gyg, can't wait to see your journey :heart:
Introduction!
mimi (>^~^)><3

Original post by miss_nia
also let me tag some other gyg bloggers who might want to follow your journey! some are muslim too <3
@Tatakae L , @milktee , @AspiringSurvivor , @agent_duck343 , @kayleigh_t.27 , @erin11 !! (sorry if i've missed anybody!)
Thank you my love for tagging me, you deserve the world <3

Hi my love and welcome to gyg. Your predicted grades are amazing mashallah and with the right effort and work inshallah you can get them and better.
Im a year 12 student who is currently doing bio chem and psych so we have some subjects in common😁. And fr ramadan and revising togeather is having me so tired but I have to power through this because its only a month right?!? (😭💀).

I also have a gyg if you wanted to check it out (Tatakae L's GYG Journey - The Student Room) and its mostly me just trying to work and half the time doing nothing.

As a fellow gyg rat I shall follow along with your journey and pray you get the best grades possible
Reply 12
welcome to gyg! im a muslim doing stem subjects too so i'd love to watch your journey <3 you can get through this, i'm sorry today wasn't as good for you. make sure to prioritise rest, inshallah it'll all go well for you this week. good luck!
heyy ofcc! thank u so much, hows things going for you? <3
Reply 13
Original post by erin11
welcome to gyg, can't wait to see your journey :heart:
thank youu! <3
Reply 14
Original post by Tatakae L
Thank you my love for tagging me, you deserve the world <3
Hi my love and welcome to gyg. Your predicted grades are amazing mashallah and with the right effort and work inshallah you can get them and better.
Im a year 12 student who is currently doing bio chem and psych so we have some subjects in common😁. And fr ramadan and revising togeather is having me so tired but I have to power through this because its only a month right?!? (😭💀).
I also have a gyg if you wanted to check it out (Tatakae L's GYG Journey - The Student Room) and its mostly me just trying to work and half the time doing nothing.
As a fellow gyg rat I shall follow along with your journey and pray you get the best grades possible
helloo, thank you so much, inshallah! ahh good luck w y12 hope everythings going okk :smile: yess only a month we get every year so we need to make the most of it!

i'll check urs out! haha same tbh, and stressfully procrastinating.

praying for u too!<33
Introduction!
mimi (>^~^)><3
WELCOMEE TO GYG, glad to see another fellow muslim here alhamdulillah <33 your predicted grades are amazinggg mashallah, and same with me, i haven't gotten much revision done for the past week since ramadan started 😔😔 but i have been trying to stay awake after suhoor to revise for at least an hour (i leave the house at 7:15) and omds, it's literally the most rewarding and peaceful thing ever. ofc i need to sleep early the night before bcs otherwise i would be drainedd, but i defo recommend revising after suhoor if you're able to, bcs apparently at that time there's so much more barakah and blessings.
wishing you the best of luck with a levels and i'll be sure to keep you in my duas 🤍🤍

just a little thread mention:
i have a gyg asw if you want to check it outt (mine's for gcse tho haha) my gcse adventure
i also made a ramadan 2024 🌙 thread if you want to check it out <33

thank you lovely for the tag <333 @miss_nia

Thank you so much for the tag!!! :heart:
Introduction!
mimi (>^~^)><3
Fellow yr 13 and a gyg-er, I do bio, chem and psychology! I really agree with you and find it so so hard to manage it all in Ramadan and the fact that we are so close to our real exam is really stressing me out :no:
But I am sure we can motivate each other and do this!
Following you, Good luck!
Reply 17
AHH thank youu!! the first few days i acc did study after suhoor but after that, i havent been fasting (im sure u know why lol) and its the worst, but inshallah it'll sort itself out when i start fasting again, bc rn i lack a routine which is just messing everything up for me. Yes i defo agree w u, studying early morning when everyones asleep and its still dark out just hits different and im also a lot more productive then too. thank u so so much, it means a lot, ill keep u in my duas too <33

ill check those out!!
Reply 18
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Thank you so much for the tag!!! :heart:
Fellow yr 13 and a gyg-er, I do bio, chem and psychology! I really agree with you and find it so so hard to manage it all in Ramadan and the fact that we are so close to our real exam is really stressing me out :no:
But I am sure we can motivate each other and do this!
Following you, Good luck!
im glad im not the only one T^T i feel like ive been so stressed that its actually worsening my alr low ability to study lol, i only study under pressure but the lack of feeling in control rn is driving me crazy. Yess, let's motivate each other!! inshallah we get the hang of it soon <33
helloo, thank you so much, inshallah! ahh good luck w y12 hope everythings going okk :smile: yess only a month we get every year so we need to make the most of it!
i'll check urs out! haha same tbh, and stressfully procrastinating.
praying for u too!<33
Ah year 12 is going to kill me because these mocks that im having in a month are the ones that go off to unis, so yeah, stressed out insanely. But its okay, because ramadan really out here giving me a better sleep scheduel.

And thank you, its litteraly just procastination but its fineeee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending