The Student Room Group

Late Submission

My name is Bisi a Masters Student at University of Westminster. My reviews deadline of a 1500-word was on Thursday 2nd November but the death of a close relation in Nigeria couldn't make me submit the work until Sunday 5th November . The tutor eventually marked 74/100 and Late was written beside the mark. I have been confused since then. What will happen
Original post by Anonymous
My name is Bisi a Masters Student at University of Westminster. My reviews deadline of a 1500-word was on Thursday 2nd November but the death of a close relation in Nigeria couldn't make me submit the work until Sunday 5th November . The tutor eventually marked 74/100 and Late was written beside the mark. I have been confused since then. What will happen

Hello. There will be some sort of penalty to your mark. At my uni, for example, we get 5 points knocked off the grade of our assignments per every day we submit it late. Your university will probably have a similar system. You should find out your university's policy on late submissions (a quick google search will do) and try to submit extenuating circumstances to try (it might not work) to evade whatever grade penalty you're facing.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi Bisi,

I am sorry for your loss.

In this case, it is best to ask your tutor about this as we may not have all the information and context. It is the holidays so you won't hear back till term starts but I would say to try get in touch with them as soon as possible so you can get some reassurance.

Congratulations on the mark, it sounds like you did a really good job with it!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending