The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official University of Glasgow Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluesensation
I got an unconditional offer for the Education in Museums and Heritage program. Still waiting for the scholarship results 🤞🏼

Oh wow that sounds like such a fun program!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
hey guys, joining University Connect by TSR is another way to meet people who have applied to the same course as you!! the link is here - make your connections now!! :heart:
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @University of Glasgow for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!!
Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
Helloo,
I received an unconditional offer for philosophy, exciting times!
My A level results were:
Drama- A
RE- B
PE- C

Spent the last year doing a completely different degree then decided it wasn’t right for me in December and submitted a UCAS application for philosophy undergraduate degrees.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Hii I have a conditional offer for history :smile:)
Well done, both!! I can't believe it's taking so long lmaooo, I really thought I had more patience than this :rofl:

I'm waiting for English, so hopefully the humanities subjects will be releasing their offers on a similar timescale :jive:
Original post by Hellololy
Hi everyone, I have an unconditional for molecular and cellular biology with biotechnology :smile:
Hi, I have a conditional for the same, hopefully we will get to meet. What were your grades?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hii I have a conditional offer for history :smile:)
me too x
Original post by scarlie_spirte
me too x
Congratulations!! When did the offer come in? Did the portal change before you received it?
Hiya I'm Natalie, I'm currently in S5 finishing my 5 highers and I got a conditional offer for Software&Electronic Engineering! :biggrin:

The highers I am doing currently are engineering science, english, maths, chemistry and psychology.

I applied 30th Jan, got a response 7th Mar. They are asking for BBBB and for me to complete the summer school x3

I'm planning on going to the open day roughly 2 weeks from now to see the university in person :3
My daughter is a Scottish student who has applied to study Law LLB. Straight A student and has a good postcode/ demographic (SIMD20 data zones) and attended an independent school in Scotland.

I understand that all universities have until the 16th May to provide a response to that application, however, what I don’t understand is if she has not received an offer before the 26th March (the date for your Offer Holders Day) what happens? Is she in limbo? Can she still attend? Or is there multiple offer holder days?

Seems very early to have it given it appears a lot of applicants are still waiting for a decision.
Original post by Anonymous #5
My daughter is a Scottish student who has applied to study Law LLB. Straight A student and has a good postcode/ demographic (SIMD20 data zones) and attended an independent school in Scotland.
I understand that all universities have until the 16th May to provide a response to that application, however, what I don’t understand is if she has not received an offer before the 26th March (the date for your Offer Holders Day) what happens? Is she in limbo? Can she still attend? Or is there multiple offer holder days?
Seems very early to have it given it appears a lot of applicants are still waiting for a decision.
A girl in my year is waiting for a vet med decision and asked them this and the reply was just basically if you've not had a decision by then, not tough luck exactly, but that was the bottom line.

Still waiting on Glasgow for Scots law too myself
Original post by scarlie_spirte
me too x

Hii !!
Original post by Hellololy
Hi everyone, I have an unconditional for molecular and cellular biology with biotechnology :smile:
Hi I have an offer for the same in Glasgow, my name is Eleni, maybe we will get to meet in September
Original post by evebee21
i have an unconditional in french/italian! 5As at higher, scottish student.

hey I have an offer for French/politics and I am also a Scottish student!
Hey, I have an conditional offer for Mathematics/Economics (MA) (SocSci) (Hons). Need only a B at higher or a C at advanced higher.
Also anyone want added to our Uni of Glasgow group chat on snap just send me a private message
My daughter received an offer today at about 1745 from Glasgow to study Law LLB. Conditional on achieving a B in Adv Higher English.

Very achievable so she is very excited. Slightly annoying that she missed out on the offer holders day at Glasgow today.

However great news.
There is a Glasgow Uni Offer holders group on Facebook btw 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/groups/glasgowuniversityofferholders
Original post by OatMillk
i currently have a unconditional for Film and Philosophy! am a scottish student who took a year out between finishing high school and starting uni but i took advanced english and advanced drama in my last year 🙂 i havnt firmed anything yet as im still waiting to hear back from one uni

Hii! I actually study film at a london uni at the moment, swapping to philosophy at Glasgow in September! Hopefully we will bump into each other at some
Point aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending