The Student Room Group

Alevel necessities

Hey, so I’m starting alevels next year and I know it’s early so I won’t buy these before the summer however I’m planning on taking maths, biology, and history. And was wondering silly questions like what supplies will I need. I know they don’t provide books to write in so would you recommend getting separate notebooks, lined or not? And what are other things to get?
Original post by stressedrabbit
Hey, so I’m starting alevels next year and I know it’s early so I won’t buy these before the summer however I’m planning on taking maths, biology, and history. And was wondering silly questions like what supplies will I need. I know they don’t provide books to write in so would you recommend getting separate notebooks, lined or not? And what are other things to get?

I used a lined pad of paper for biology and I had a small lever arch file that I would take with me every day, with dividers for each teacher and subject, and then larger ones at home with notes that I didn't need at that moment in time. For maths you will need squared paper. Your college/sixth form would likely have guidance on what they would recommend buying for each subject. Maths you will also need a specific type of calculator (I don't do maths so I don't know what it's called). Please feel free to ask more questions if this doesn't answer all of your questions.

Quick Reply

Latest