The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

need help for edinburgh application

so i used two of my choices on edinburgh - 1 is law and the other is english lit with history of art. they emailed me saying i need to pick a preferred one and im worried if i say its law and then get rejected from law, ill also automatically be rejected from the eng lit/art history course and not even be considered for it. but obviously if i put eng/art as my first choice ill immediately be rejected for law. id rlly like to go to edinburgh so im just worried ill get two rejections because i picked law as my favourite. does anyone have experience with this/know what i should do?? i saw someone say since theyre under different departments they get processed by diff people so i could still be accepted to one of them but idk.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
so i used two of my choices on edinburgh - 1 is law and the other is english lit with history of art. they emailed me saying i need to pick a preferred one and im worried if i say its law and then get rejected from law, ill also automatically be rejected from the eng lit/art history course and not even be considered for it. but obviously if i put eng/art as my first choice ill immediately be rejected for law. id rlly like to go to edinburgh so im just worried ill get two rejections because i picked law as my favourite. does anyone have experience with this/know what i should do?? i saw someone say since theyre under different departments they get processed by diff people so i could still be accepted to one of them but idk.

id love to go to edinburgh but ive also applied to glasgow for comparative lit/art history and i think i have a high likelihood of getting in there so would it be stupid to not put law as my first choice?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

My daughter was desperate to go to Edinburgh last year and thought if she applied for 2 dfferent couses there woudld stand a better chance but before actually submitting we emailed (& waited for a response from) admissions who basically said she would only be considered for one course, so the second application would be a waste. She was applying for 2 courses that were within the same department so I realise different from your position. I'm glad we asked though because other Unis like Durham were very clear that you could apply for as many courses as you want and each would be considered equally. Good Luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending