The Student Room Group

Oxford Medical Electives

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I just received a response by email! They had a delay in sending out the responses due to a higher volume of applications than usual. They should be giving us all a response soon.

By the way, I'm also curious, which medical specialty did you apply for?
Original post by Adamito
I just received a response by email! They had a delay in sending out the responses due to a higher volume of applications than usual. They should be giving us all a response soon.

By the way, I'm also curious, which medical specialty did you apply for?

Ophthalmology 🤓
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 22
Neurology !
Reply 23
Hello everyone,
just wanted to ask did anybody receive anything about their application?
Original post by OS6ORA
Hello everyone,
just wanted to ask did anybody receive anything about their application?

I did not!!
Nope 😀 I'm still guessing when we will hear back. I reckon Friday this week as its the end of the final week in Jan. If not, likely not much later than mid Feb.

But if it's taking this long and they only take 50 applicants 😵*💫 it pains me to think how many must have applied.
Reply 26
Original post by Party-P3opl3-9
Nope 😀 I'm still guessing when we will hear back. I reckon Friday this week as its the end of the final week in Jan. If not, likely not much later than mid Feb.

But if it's taking this long and they only take 50 applicants 😵*💫 it pains me to think how many must have applied.

I hope its this Friday.🥱
Yeah true lol
Any update?
Reply 28
Original post by Anonymous #1
Any update?

Nope 🥱
(edited 2 months ago)
Any news guys?
Reply 30
Original post by Orestisgermanos
Any news guys?

Nope
Guys u know what I think? Maybe they hadn't started looking at the applications before they sent us the email (but they ofc couldn't tell us that) hahaha
It's actually insane it's taking so long. I genuinely don't know if I wait to find out I've been rejected before applying for new electives, or start applying now!
It's actually insane it's taking so long. I genuinely don't know if I wait to find out I've been rejected before applying for new electives, or start applying now!

I have already started applying since the competition is too high...
Original post by Orestisgermanos
I have already started applying since the competition is too high...

It is tempting to apply, but I've found out the other place I wanted to go to doesn't even do Ophthalmology (Edinburgh). Am debating applying to moorfields in London as I've heard good things, but it would be a shame to buy an elective and then hear back from Oxford finding out they somehow thought my rambling personal statemet was good enough. But at the same time, would suck to wait and then find out moorfields is already full as they too are very competitive.
Any updates?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Any updates?

Nope :frown:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #3
can I get a brief synopsis on what this is?

Basically applying to spend 4-6 weeks at Oxford medical school for our medical electives, something which you have to do at the final year of medical school. You can do it anywhere, with anyone, in anything medical, but some medical schools have their own programmes which is nice.
Has anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 39
Has anyone heard anything yet?
not me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending