The Student Room Group

Classification

I am in my final year in nursing, I failed a module and pass on resubmission. could I still acheive an overall first class.
Reply 1
You would have to look at the university regulations. If you have passed the resit with a pass capped at 40% then you will have had to do exceptionally well in the other modules to still be in line for a distinction.
Reply 2
Original post by mike23mike
You would have to look at the university regulations. If you have passed the resit with a pass capped at 40% then you will have had to do exceptionally well in the other modules to still be in line for a distinction.

Thanks for your response, I got all my results and 80 and above in all my final year modules expect for one where I got below 40 and had to do to resubmit. My overall mark for classification is 72.6% but not sure if the resubmission would affect me to be awarded distinction. I did BSc in nursing, kingston university. Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your response, I got all my results and 80 and above in all my final year modules expect for one where I got below 40 and had to do to resubmit. My overall mark for classification is 72.6% but not sure if the resubmission would affect me to be awarded distinction. I did BSc in nursing, kingston university. Thanks

You will need to review the regulations for your course. Its a shame since you have done so well in the other modules.
As above, this will be university specific - in fact often it can be department specific. You need to check your programme regulations and/or speak with your personal tutor/director of studies to understand what this means for you. What might be the case at one university may not be the case at another!
Original post by Anonymous

Many university classification systems allow a student to discard their worst module/s. Check your degree regulations.
Reply 6
ok, thanks all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending