The Student Room Group

How to stay focused after studying for a long time?

Anyone got tips on what to do when you lose concentration after studying for a while?
Original post by YESURRT837382
Anyone got tips on what to do when you lose concentration after studying for a while?

Breathe in, Breathe out and stretch your muscles as well drink a glass of water or even coffee, tea or hot chocolate. 🙂
Hi there,

As a university student I know exactly how this feels! When you go to university you are expected to do a lot more studying but it not be as condensed. Meaning, you should try to study on and off every day rather than compact your revision all at once.
My university has some study tips;

https://studentsupportinitiative.northeastern.edu/study-tips/

Do check them out I found them super useful.

To shorten my breaks and have them be as efficient as possible i make my breaks less of a leisurely rest and more of a task within themselves.
That means that if I decide to watch something, I’m giving myself a time limit and setting the intention of enjoying the break for half an hour. If I decide to read a book, I might set the goal of reaching a certain page, and once that has been achieved I can go back to working.

This just makes your day more regulated, with constant reward for hard work. It stops you feeling super relaxed only to have to go back to being studious. In my experience, only stop making things into tasks when you have finished the priority tasks of the day, (your study) then you can really relax.

Hope that helps
Lana :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending