The Student Room Group

A Level admissions in grammar school

Happy 2024!

Can anyone help me the required mock test grades to get admission in grammar schools like Langley, Burnham, Hershels, Upton, Reading etc.

I am studying GCSE in state school and interested in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry (and Biology).
Reply 1
Original post by ALevel9
Happy 2024!

Can anyone help me the required mock test grades to get admission in grammar schools like Langley, Burnham, Hershels, Upton, Reading etc.

I am studying GCSE in state school and interested in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry (and Biology).

Happy New Year!
What specifically do you need help with?
Reply 2
Original post by c17ag1
Happy New Year!
What specifically do you need help with?

I just relocated to UK and got 54 grades in GCSE mocks. Scored 8, 7, 9, 7 in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology respectively.

English 5, iGCSE English 8, Computer Science 5, Geography 5

Just want to check the probability of getting admission in grammar.

It seems I got the minimum qualification but worried about competition.. and trying to understand the past cutoffs.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ALevel9
I just relocated to UK and got 54 grades in GCSE mocks. Scored 8, 7, 9, 7 in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology respectively.

English 5, iGCSE English 8, Computer Science 5, Geography 5

Just want to check the probability of getting admission in grammar.

It seems I got the minimum qualification but worried about competition.. and trying to understand the past cutoffs.

I go to sixth form in a grammar school currently, but I have been here since year 7. However, when externals joined in year 12, I believe that the average grade requirement is 6.5-7 in your top 8 GCSEs, and at least a 7 in both English and Maths and bare minium 7s in the subjects you want to do for A-Level.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending