The Student Room Group

Sixth Form

Hi, I know this is a bit of a narrow question, but I want to go to Pates Grammar School sixth form. I'm in year 11 and have to apply soon but the minimum points (grade 9 is 9 points etc.) is 57 and the minimum predicted grade is 7 in any subject to be studied at A level. I have exactly 57 points and my predicted grades for the A levels I want to take are as follows.
physics-7
chemistry-7
further maths-7
economics- (I don't take economics GCSE)
I know they have a VERY high oversubscription rate but if I work really, really hard and get at least 9 A* in GCSE and call the admissions team on the results day, do you think I would be offered a place based on my actual GCSEs (almost straight 9s) on results day even if I get rejected right now based on my predicted grades?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous_dragon
Hi, I know this is a bit of a narrow question, but I want to go to Pates Grammar School sixth form. I'm in year 11 and have to apply soon but the minimum points (grade 9 is 9 points etc.) is 57 and the minimum predicted grade is 7 in any subject to be studied at A level. I have exactly 57 points and my predicted grades for the A levels I want to take are as follows.
physics-7
chemistry-7
further maths-7
economics- (I don't take economics GCSE)
I know they have a VERY high oversubscription rate but if I work really, really hard and get at least 9 A* in GCSE and call the admissions team on the results day, do you think I would be offered a place based on my actual GCSEs (almost straight 9s) on results day even if I get rejected right now based on my predicted grades?

It is a very specific question and I think it is unlikely you will get an answer because it is so specific. No one can say for certain so keep working hard and hopefully you get the grades you need to go to the sixth form you want to.

Quick Reply

Latest