The Student Room Group

Nervous about my engineering maths and computing exams

I didn't properly look at the content for both modules until this week and now i am really burnt outbut also stressed cause it has caused me soo much anxiety around them, espeically maths any tips or advice for how to try and get myself through these exams
Original post by Anonymous #1
I didn't properly look at the content for both modules until this week and now i am really burnt outbut also stressed cause it has caused me soo much anxiety around them, espeically maths any tips or advice for how to try and get myself through these exams

I can only give pointers for maths since I don't do either of the other 2 subjects.

Do lots and lots of past papers. I am not saying doing them once and put them to one side though.
Do each past paper, review where you lost marks and where you went wrong, then redo the question again until you get full marks for the question.
Rinse and repeat for the exam paper that you're working on and then do the same for other exam papers.

I think I did about 20 papers before I sat for my exams. I recommend doing something similar.

Revision guides a great if you are very fuzzy about particular topics in maths. I would get the guide that's specific for your exam board though.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
I can only give pointers for maths since I don't do either of the other 2 subjects.

Do lots and lots of past papers. I am not saying doing them once and put them to one side though.
Do each past paper, review where you lost marks and where you went wrong, then redo the question again until you get full marks for the question.
Rinse and repeat for the exam paper that you're working on and then do the same for other exam papers.

I think I did about 20 papers before I sat for my exams. I recommend doing something similar.

Revision guides a great if you are very fuzzy about particular topics in maths. I would get the guide that's specific for your exam board though.

basically its a university exam which is weighted 70% and 30 were quizzes which I guessed most of the answers due to having not found a work life balance and constantly getting really tired doing other assessments

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending