The Student Room Group

Can I work in marketing with a fashion design ba

The above
Original post by Rose_99
The above

Hi @Rose_99

Have you already studied a Fashion BA or are you looking to study this course? I would say it is possible into marketing from this course as you will have a good insight on how the fashion industry works and could potentially do a MA in marketing. Also internships and work placements could be another good way to explore the marketing side of fashion more. However, if you know marketing is the route you want to go down then a Fashion Communication/Promotion/Marketing BA course may be a more straightforward route to go down.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask any more questions :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)
Original post by Rose_99
The above

If you don't have any business or marketing qualifications or experience, then it might not be possible to do so. If you had taken business/marketing modules within BA Fashion Design, you might have a good chance if working as a marekting within any fashion companies, otherwise I don't have any ideas.

If you really want to do marketing, you can always take up business / marketing course. MA perhaps?
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi,
Of course you can!
If a future job in the marketing sector with an emphasis on fashion is what you're aiming for, then specifically a BA (Hons) in Fashion & Media Marketing is the best way to go.
At Arts University Plymouth we offer this degree course, which is a great way to work and get involved in imaging, styling, social media and branding or publishing.
So no matter which area of fashion marketing you are the most interested in, this course would cover it.
It's important to know that degree courses can be so specific, such as Fashion & Media Marketing, so you can go on to achieve a successful career in that sector after graduation.
If you want to take a better look at the course mentioned above, then here's the link
https://www.aup.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/ba-hons-fashion-media-marketing

Hannah :smile:
Arts University Plymouth Rep
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest