The Student Room Group

Studying for GCSE

I am in year 8 and I want to start preparing and studying for my GCSE's ,but I don't know know how to start. Any ideas on how to?
Hi there, moved your thread to the GCSE forum!

I'm unsure because I never did sit GCSEs but they cover year 10 and 11 content, no? In which case, aren't you a bit early to start revising for them? :smile:
Original post by johanv0007
I am in year 8 and I want to start preparing and studying for my GCSE's ,but I don't know know how to start. Any ideas on how to?

If you want to start preparing earlier, then a good place to start is expanding on the topics you study in class (as the advanced version of your topics is GCSE). So for example if in science, you're learning about the structure of an atom (like electrons and nucleus and stuff) - then you could start having a look at the atomic structure topic in gcse chemistry and make a few basic notes on what you understand. BBC Bitesize and MME revise have good notes if you want to use those.

There isn't a specific way to start studying your GCSEs when you haven't started the course yet, however you can start researching subjects you might want to do at GCSE and see which subjects your school provides.
Reply 3
Hi thats great that you want to start early but you havent covered half of the content yet as you are in year 8 i don think youve even picked your subjects yet unless your school is different but with your attitude im sure youll do well as your already planning ahead i would recommend just going through what your teacher teaches you in year 9 and 10 and start revision on the year10 summer holidays so that on september when your in year 11 its easier for you and just carry on from there good luck!!
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest