The Student Room Group

apprenticeships

hi there everyone! i’m aspiring to be a clinical psychologist!
i can’t afford university and don’t want to get into debt. i know you need a masters, so i could do that after apprenticeships? idk, so if scholarships don’t work out i most likely want to do a degree apprenticeship. are there any apprenticeships available for aspiring psychologists?
Reply 1
Original post by iremaltunn
hi there everyone! i’m aspiring to be a clinical psychologist!
i can’t afford university and don’t want to get into debt. i know you need a masters, so i could do that after apprenticeships? idk, so if scholarships don’t work out i most likely want to do a degree apprenticeship. are there any apprenticeships available for aspiring psychologists?

it seems like the clinical psychology apprenticeships which are available are all Level 7, meaning they lead to a Masters qualification, and you need a degree in Psychology to do these apprenticeships + some experience working in healthcare. Your best choice would be going to university and getting the degree and experience, I know people who got jobs and paid their tuition fees - its definitely doable e.g., you could take a gap year to work and save up money for your tuition fees and/or work part time whilst studying. Or as you said you could get a scholarship, and if you're eligible too, you could get a bursary from uni as well.
Reply 2
Original post by duduudud
it seems like the clinical psychology apprenticeships which are available are all Level 7, meaning they lead to a Masters qualification, and you need a degree in Psychology to do these apprenticeships + some experience working in healthcare. Your best choice would be going to university and getting the degree and experience, I know people who got jobs and paid their tuition fees - its definitely doable e.g., you could take a gap year to work and save up money for your tuition fees and/or work part time whilst studying. Or as you said you could get a scholarship, and if you're eligible too, you could get a bursary from uni as well.

ok tysm!! can i do a normal degree apprenticeship and then move to level 7?
Reply 3
Original post by iremaltunn
ok tysm!! can i do a normal degree apprenticeship and then move to level 7?

yeah, if u manage to find a normal degree apprenticeship one like level 6, u can deffo move on to doing a level 7 one afterwards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending