The Student Room Group

Oxford University Offer Holders Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Megan.warman
I’m doing Spanish and linguistics 🙂

Ahh amazing! I’m doing German and Spanish - Which college are you at?
Original post by noahscull

Wadham :smile:)
got an offer for ppe at teddy hall!
Original post by Santiago Pardo
Hi @LondonBlake - my daughter is a fresher at Teddy Hall and is reading Psychology and Philosophy. She has loved her college beyond words. Congratulations to you -- I remember the joy at this time last year. Happy to help in any way we can.

Thank you so much for this kind response! I've heard only good things about the college so far. Hopefully I will see your daughter there later this year!
Is anyone here st catz? 😄
Reply 65
Original post by noahscull

I'm studying Spanish and German (beginners) too!
Original post by SoapySoapson
Is anyone here st catz? 😄

Yez🫡
Original post by stargirl81
got an offer for ppe at teddy hall!

Hi @stargirl81 and congratulations! Enjoy the moment!

My daughter is a fresher at Teddy Hall, reading Psychology and Philosophy, and loves the college. Happy to put you in touch and/or answer any questions etc.
Original post by avdxvery

St Hilda’s for medicine! First one from my school to even apply, it was the hardest experience of my life!! So proud of myself:smile:

congratssssss
Hi @stargirl81 and congratulations! Enjoy the moment!

My daughter is a fresher at Teddy Hall, reading Psychology and Philosophy, and loves the college. Happy to put you in touch and/or answer any questions etc.

thank you so much and i'm so happy your daughter loves it there! just wanted to know if she had attended the offer holder day last year and if she'd recommend - i've just received my invite today and was wondering what actually happens so if either you or her had any advice i'd be so grateful!! thanks
Original post by stargirl81
thank you so much and i'm so happy your daughter loves it there! just wanted to know if she had attended the offer holder day last year and if she'd recommend - i've just received my invite today and was wondering what actually happens so if either you or her had any advice i'd be so grateful!! thanks

Many colleges, including Teddy Hall, sadly didn't host an offer holder day last year. I read a comment here yesterday that seemed to indicate that has fortunately been reevaluated and I'm glad to hear that Teddy is doing one and you have been invited.

I pinged the college around this time last year, and they very kindly organised a visit for us all in mid-February, which was very useful as we were able to see the school and speak to students. After IB results came out in May and we knew she had made her offer (and after A-Levels came out in August), Teddy hosted a Friends and Family Day in mid-September, which was also lovely and informative (e.g. we got to see inside the dorm rooms and dining facilities, and got to meet other students and their families and friends).

Though I don't know what they have organised for the offer holder day, I would highly recommend you make an effort to go. Seeing a college as an offer holder is a wholly different experience than visiting as an aspiring applicant on an Open Day.

You will be able to not just see the campus, facilities etc. but also ideally see and speak to students and faculty and get a much better feel for what it will really be like there for you. They will be 'selling' you and you will be able to ask more and more candid questions. Also, if you visit your other university offer choices, you will have a much better basis for comparison.

Congrats once again -- I really hope you're able to go have a visit.
Many colleges, including Teddy Hall, sadly didn't host an offer holder day last year. I read a comment here yesterday that seemed to indicate that has fortunately been reevaluated and I'm glad to hear that Teddy is doing one and you have been invited.

I pinged the college around this time last year, and they very kindly organised a visit for us all in mid-February, which was very useful as we were able to see the school and speak to students. After IB results came out in May and we knew she had made her offer (and after A-Levels came out in August), Teddy hosted a Friends and Family Day in mid-September, which was also lovely and informative (e.g. we got to see inside the dorm rooms and dining facilities, and got to meet other students and their families and friends).

Though I don't know what they have organised for the offer holder day, I would highly recommend you make an effort to go. Seeing a college as an offer holder is a wholly different experience than visiting as an aspiring applicant on an Open Day.

You will be able to not just see the campus, facilities etc. but also ideally see and speak to students and faculty and get a much better feel for what it will really be like there for you. They will be 'selling' you and you will be able to ask more and more candid questions. Also, if you visit your other university offer choices, you will have a much better basis for comparison.

Congrats once again -- I really hope you're able to go have a visit.

Oh that's too bad! It's lucky you were still able to visit and the family day sounds amazing.

Thank you once again!!
just found this thread!! i have an offer for classics at worcester :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #10
Also got into Regent’s Park college but for PPE- glad to see I’m not the only one.

Congrats! Did u apply for RPC or get pooled?
Original post by user034842183
i got an offer from st hugh’s for mfl too!!! can u pm me if u know of any gcs? or we can start one? (i cant pm yet). congrats on ur offer!!!

i have a st hughs offer too!
Reply 75
Original post by cookiecat13
offer for physics at merton! anyone else here for merton :smile:

PPE at merton :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous #7

nice! what course?
Reply 77
Original post by Anonymous #7

amazing !! what course ? 🙂
Reply 78
Hi, just found this, I got biology at LMH. Anyone else?
There's so many hughs people here haha, I'm EP at hughs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending