The Student Room Group

Mitigating circumstances rejected

I failed to do one part of an exam due to IT issues and my reasons requesting a re sit have been rejected.
What do i do now. My student visa expires in July and i would have done the resit in August
Do i submit my mitigating circumstances again and physically present the evidence to the school?
Can this exam not affect my overall score with a distinction in my dissertation? Or will it definitely affect my results.
No one on TSR has the information to answer this for you

You need to speak to an expert on the regulations of your specific degree at your university. Your Student Union would normally be the best place to start.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
No one on TSR has the information to answer this for you

You need to speak to an expert on the regulations of your specific degree at your university. Your Student Union would normally be the best place to start.

Thank you
Original post by Cwkg
I failed to do one part of an exam due to IT issues and my reasons requesting a re sit have been rejected.
What do i do now. My student visa expires in July and i would have done the resit in August
Do i submit my mitigating circumstances again and physically present the evidence to the school?
Can this exam not affect my overall score with a distinction in my dissertation? Or will it definitely affect my results.

Hi @Cwkg ,

I am very sorry to hear this.

As @PQ mentioned, it would be best to contact either your student union and/or an academic advisor/tutor to see what can be done here. Your tutor will hopefully be able to signpost you to someone who is more equipped to help you.

Best of luck and I hope you get clarification soon.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 4
IT faults are seldom accepted as sufficient reasons for mitigation.

For scores etc you need to speak to someone at School-level.
Reply 5
Your university should have a specific team of people who are trained to give advice on visa issues. You'll need to contact that team to discuss the issue of your visa expiring in July when you have resits in August.
Reply 6
Original post by martin7
Your university should have a specific team of people who are trained to give advice on visa issues. You'll need to contact that team to discuss the issue of your visa expiring in July when you have resits in August.

Thank you im headed there today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending