The Student Room Group

Student finance and the OU

I started a psychology degree back in October with the OU I was granted a tuition fee loan only even tho I am studying 120 credits which is annoying my choice to study through the OU was based purely on my 20 year history with anxiety and depression I have recently been made aware that because of this reason I would possibly be entitled to the maintenance loan part too so my question is am I able to apply for this mid year and if so how do I go about this? I have a copy of my medical records would this be sufficient to send them it does state on there the length of time that I have been suffering with this and that it makes me unable to leave the house for sometimes weeks at a time? I am not financially in a position to pay the £60 fee the doctor is requesting for a letter of confirmation. Thank you for any help or advice given
Original post by Smcbride1711
I started a psychology degree back in October with the OU I was granted a tuition fee loan only even tho I am studying 120 credits which is annoying my choice to study through the OU was based purely on my 20 year history with anxiety and depression I have recently been made aware that because of this reason I would possibly be entitled to the maintenance loan part too so my question is am I able to apply for this mid year and if so how do I go about this? I have a copy of my medical records would this be sufficient to send them it does state on there the length of time that I have been suffering with this and that it makes me unable to leave the house for sometimes weeks at a time? I am not financially in a position to pay the £60 fee the doctor is requesting for a letter of confirmation. Thank you for any help or advice given

Hi there,

You would be best to contact us using the live chat option online in your account, or call us on 0300 100 0607 and we can check the application you made originally. There is an additional form for the evidence for the Part Time Maintenance Loan we can send to you, but can only do this when we have access to your account.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending