The Student Room Group

Redirected when skipping pages?

Problem Summary

Problem Details
This started happening a few days ago so prob not directly related to the rebrand, but when I click on the page number of a post that I want to skip to, it sometimes takes me to a "Who's who in TSR' page instead, and I have to go back and keep clicking 'next' to scroll through the pages.

Device
Mobile

Browser
Chrome

Link

Additional Information
Original post by SilverPebble
Problem Summary

Problem Details
This started happening a few days ago so prob not directly related to the rebrand, but when I click on the page number of a post that I want to skip to, it sometimes takes me to a "Who's who in TSR' page instead, and I have to go back and keep clicking 'next' to scroll through the pages.

Device
Mobile

Browser
Chrome

Link

Additional Information

Hi SilverPebble. Thanks for reporting the problem. Could you help by clarifying a few things please so I know I'm looking in the right area to reproduce this problem?

"when I click on the page number of a post that I want to skip to, it sometimes takes me to a "Who's who in TSR'"

Are you on a discussion page using the pagination when the problem happens?

Could you share the url of the "Who's who in TSR' page you get send to please? I'm not sure what page that is.
Reply 2
Hi - I access TSR using this url - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter[type]=thread&sortby=date+desc&filter[date]=[NOW-1DAY+TO+*]

I don't have the app, so this takes me to a list of most recent posts via the chrome browser on my mobile. Although I'm logged in each time, I always end up on page 1 of a thread when I click on a link to a post. Underneath the 1st post in that thread, there is an option to skip pages .... " 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58" for eg. When I click on "58" (in this example), it doesn't take me to page 58 but sends me to a page about TSR members instead. The only way I can then get to page 58 is to go back and click "next" page from "3" etc onwards ... which is a bit tiresome!!

I'll see if I can find the page I land on and post the link to it here for you.

This doesn't happen every time for me, but it has happened enough for me to be confident I'm not inadvertently clicking on something in a sidebar or footer or something.
(edited 3 months ago)

Thank you that's really helpful as it narrows down what the page thinks you are clicking on.

You've probably realised that is the link you go to when you click a user's group next to their name (e.g. mine is TSR Group Staff) so somehow the page thinks you are clicking on that. We will try to replicate the problem.

Hey! Can I check, are you still experiencing this issue? :holmes:
Original post by RainbowLapras
Hey! Can I check, are you still experiencing this issue? :holmes:

Yes, I do - not consistently, but from time to time. I think it happens when I try to click on the page number before the current page has finished loading fully. Once it happens, though, I have to go back and reload the page from scratch before being able to click through to the later page.
Original post by SilverPebble
Yes, I do - not consistently, but from time to time. I think it happens when I try to click on the page number before the current page has finished loading fully. Once it happens, though, I have to go back and reload the page from scratch before being able to click through to the later page.

Thank you for confirming, and for giving dome more detail, much appreciated! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending