The Student Room Group

Why are people mad at others for not finding them attractive?

Like isn't that insane? nobody controls who they are attracted to or what they are attracted to. To therefore criticise anyone on their preferences or get angry at them for not finding you attractive is senseless. You know this because that's how you operate as well, you don't say to yourself "right THIS is the person Im gonna be attracted to"... it's outside of your conscious choice. So what is the point of all these "why girls like this and not this?" threads?
Original post by Anonymous
Like isn't that insane? nobody controls who they are attracted to or what they are attracted to. To therefore criticise anyone on their preferences or get angry at them for not finding you attractive is senseless. You know this because that's how you operate as well, you don't say to yourself "right THIS is the person Im gonna be attracted to"... it's outside of your conscious choice. So what is the point of all these "why girls like this and not this?" threads?

you are fr so right! there was this one time that some guy got all butt hurt because i didnt find him attracted and didnt wanna hang out with him late night. like 1 im sorry i dont like you, and 2 i have respect over myself you know? im not getting in a car with you at 2am. like idek these people be doing to much and dont know how to deal with no's.
Reply 2
It's just this website. In real life most people don't do this.
Original post by gjd800

not true! happened to me!
Reply 4
not true! happened to me!

Do you understand what 'most' means?
Reply 5
Original post by gjd800

One would hope but the current generation are statistically questionable. Snowflakes, having less sex and less (alcoholic) fun. The rise of the incel movement while small does indicate that OP has a point somewhat (though I agree that if TSR represented the majority it would be deeply alarming given the inability to engage in common sense socially).

To answer the OP, men are annoyed because their relative position has declined. The rise of online dating has created a meat market with significant levels of competition inflating a woman's sexual value and allowing her to engage in a more shallow selection.

Before the liberalisation of the 1960's a woman's pool of men was the few dozen in the local town, thus less attractive men would have several dates to win a woman over instead of the decision being made with a swipe based on a picture or two.

I shan't comment on whether this is a good or bad thing because I don't suffer the bulk of the negative impact personally but if your asking why men react the way they do, that's why.
I'd say because it's pretty impolite to not find someone attractive. And even more so to let the know. 👍😊
Generally tends to be due to a combination of: an entitled mindset, totalitarian jerk type of attitude that cannot cope with others having alternative opinions or a very oversized ego that cannot tolerate being ignored/contradicted/rejected/disobeyed/encountering a lack of admiration in any social context and public place.

Sometimes occurs with a relatively young spoilt brat whose wealthiest close family members have literally spoilt them rotten throughout their youth.
Leading them to have an automatic expectation that everyone else in the world will always agree with them or obey them without question in all scenarios and contexts.
These "spoilt brat" types tend to be immature, extremely demanding, with limited healthy relationship experience and have highly arrogant personalities combined with a habitual inability to behave in a civilized & calm manner after hearing the word "no" or encountering someone new who does not share their sexual attraction/dating interest
I'd say because it's pretty impolite to not find someone attractive. And even more so to let the know. 👍😊

Lmao what. Finding someone attractive is involuntary, it has nothing to do with being impolite. Yeah, I only see this kind of insane stuff on here or crazy tiktoks where blue-haired loonies say stuff like not being attracted to trans people is transphobic or some crap like that. But I've never seen it in real life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending