The Student Room Group

Why do majority of my friends leave me on delivered for hours/days?

Basically, most of my new/close friends leave me on delivered (they aren't all friends with each other it's different friendship groups) like I would make friends with someone in college and when we text on Snapchat, for example about euphoria they would respond on time but then a short while later (I don't mean texting for hours I mean like the 3rd time texting on a different date a few days later or a week later) it would be me being added to their Snapchat private but also being left on delivered for HOURS or days but them being active on Snapchat e.g snap map and reading our class GC e.g. English GC but not private dms. Ps I don't spam nor regard myself as a boring person but it happened to me by 10+ people recently so I'm kinda thinking that I'm the problem even though nothing happened cause how do they have friends if they leave them on delivered too? cause they don't do it to them. They act like nothing happened in College and talk normally... can someone tell me the reasons why this happens to me? I don't spam. 2 out of the 10 added me to a plan for a vacation with a bunch of others in summer but that's probably cause we're studying at the library and I was there so it would be quite thingie aka a bit rude (I wouldn't think its rude since I don't know their other friends.)

Scroll to see replies

i do this to everyone but it's always cos I'm not in the mood to reply or don't have anything fun to say
The only time I reply instantly to people is if I'm

1) expecting to meet up with them and have to call/text each other so we don't get lost etc.

2) I'm chilling in front of my PC in the evening and I'm bored and want to talk to someone lol.
Probably busy offline or prefer to text/video call/use other social media sites to chat with friends.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Probably busy offline or prefer to text/video call/use other social media sites to chat with friends.

Thank you for your response. I would of thought this but they are active on snap map and post on Snapchat private 😅 and no one really uses Snapchat for calls 😅😅 well at least at this city
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, most of my new/close friends leave me on delivered (they aren't all friends with each other it's different friendship groups) like I would make friends with someone in college and when we text on Snapchat, for example about euphoria they would respond on time but then a short while later (I don't mean texting for hours I mean like the 3rd time texting on a different date a few days later or a week later) it would be me being added to their Snapchat private but also being left on delivered for HOURS or days but them being active on Snapchat e.g snap map and reading our class GC e.g. English GC but not private dms. Ps I don't spam nor regard myself as a boring person but it happened to me by 10+ people recently so I'm kinda thinking that I'm the problem even though nothing happened cause how do they have friends if they leave them on delivered too? cause they don't do it to them. They act like nothing happened in College and talk normally... can someone tell me the reasons why this happens to me? I don't spam. 2 out of the 10 added me to a plan for a vacation with a bunch of others in summer but that's probably cause we're studying at the library and I was there so it would be quite thingie aka a bit rude (I wouldn't think its rude since I don't know their other friends.)

don't overthink it they're most likely comfortable w u so drm leaving u on delivered. I know this bc I leave even my closest friends on delivered bc im too lazy
Original post by camii
don't overthink it they're most likely comfortable w u so drm leaving u on delivered. I know this bc I leave even my closest friends on delivered bc im too lazy

Thank you very very much for your reply! At first I didn’t even care to be honest and then I was like oh wow it’s literally 10 people doing this but yeah I agree, and if I get bothered I’ll just give the same treatment to them but in person
I think you just get to an age where life gets too busy to be constantly on your phone, I wouldn't say it's a personal thing
Original post by SupposedlyIronic
I think you just get to an age where life gets too busy to be constantly on your phone, I wouldn't say it's a personal thing

The thing is, they aren’t, it shows that they are active and they sometimes post screenshots of their current dms with others on their private like a funny message
ask them
Original post by Mohammed1000000
They have a life besides social-media meaning they cannot be on it 24/7, spend productive time with family, studying and working.

Is no one reading my full message? I literally just said they are active on social media, post on Snapchat private of TikTok videos, screenshots of funny texts with other friends, active on snap map, I get A*A*A* in my classes yet I don’t act like I’m busy yet realistically being on Snapchat most of the day cause we all know if the half swipe Snapchat feature wasn’t in existence everyone would reply knowing they don’t know what you said
Original post by student17!
Is no one reading my full message? I literally just said they are active on social media, post on Snapchat private of TikTok videos, screenshots of funny texts with other friends, active on snap map, I get A*A*A* in my classes yet I don’t act like I’m busy yet realistically being on Snapchat most of the day cause we all know if the half swipe Snapchat feature wasn’t in existence everyone would reply knowing they don’t know what you said

whats the halfswipe feature? can you read messages without actually openning them? lol.
Original post by Chicken.M.
whats the halfswipe feature? can you read messages without actually openning them? lol.

Yeah. Swipe to the right.
Original post by Mohammed1000000
Yeah. Swipe to the right.

that just takes you to the 'snap map' lol
that just takes you to the 'snap map' lol

Na go on the persons profile you want to read the message and swipe to your right like press your finger on the screen that way left to right 📱 👉.
(edited 2 years ago)

Yeah you swipe the screen carefully and can read dms, that’s what they do, if there was no feature like that then why would reply out of curiosity
I will reply to this next week.

Seriously - stop worrying about it - life is too short. You are creating an issue where it’s 99% likely that an issue does not exist.

Have a great day!
If they are replying in due course and still seem genuine and engaged with what you’ve said, it’s not an issue whether they reply straight away or after a few hours.

I often don’t reply for days, weeks or even months.
Original post by Anonymous
I will reply to this next week.

Seriously - stop worrying about it - life is too short. You are creating an issue where it’s 99% likely that an issue does not exist.

Have a great day!

I don’t worry about it as much, it’s just that it was starting to be a correlation to people I talked to who in fact act like they didn’t blank me in person but view messages in other group chats and active on snap map
Original post by Admit-One
If they are replying in due course and still seem genuine and engaged with what you’ve said, it’s not an issue whether they reply straight away or after a few hours.

I often don’t reply for days, weeks or even months.

Do them same people do it to their close friends too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending