The Student Room Group

Unresponsive lecturers

I have been emailing and messaging my lecturers/course leaders on teams to get a grade confirmation that a university requested. However, they just aren't responding, and I'm unsure how I should go about this. Any advice will be helpful!
Is there an option to phone anyone or email the course director/ head of school or complaints etc
Reply 2
Original post by queergingerbeer
I have been emailing and messaging my lecturers/course leaders on teams to get a grade confirmation that a university requested. However, they just aren't responding, and I'm unsure how I should go about this. Any advice will be helpful!

I'm wondering why you're contacting your lecturers/course leaders about an issue that sounds to me very much like an administrative question -- and why you're not asking your school/departmental admin team about this.

Be aware that depending on what "grade confirmation" you need that it might not be possible to obtain this until after an exam (or progress) board has approved the marks in question -- until that approval has been given, any marks you've been awarded are considered provisional and subject to change.

It would probably be easiest to pop into your school/departmental admin office, outline specifically what is being asked for, and how to go about getting it. The admin staff might be able to provide it for you without needing to bother the academic staff; or they might be able to explain why the information isn't yet available; or, if academic staff do need to be involved, they might know which specific individual who needs to be contacted and possibly contact them on your behalf.

At the moment it sounds like you're just spamming everyone you can think of with your request.
Original post by martin7
I'm wondering why you're contacting your lecturers/course leaders about an issue that sounds to me very much like an administrative question -- and why you're not asking your school/departmental admin team about this.

Be aware that depending on what "grade confirmation" you need that it might not be possible to obtain this until after an exam (or progress) board has approved the marks in question -- until that approval has been given, any marks you've been awarded are considered provisional and subject to change.

It would probably be easiest to pop into your school/departmental admin office, outline specifically what is being asked for, and how to go about getting it. The admin staff might be able to provide it for you without needing to bother the academic staff; or they might be able to explain why the information isn't yet available; or, if academic staff do need to be involved, they might know which specific individual who needs to be contacted and possibly contact them on your behalf.

At the moment it sounds like you're just spamming everyone you can think of with your request.

The administrative team directed me to my lecturers/course leaders, so I contacted them. Although, I do agree with your point about spamming the team. I think I will just wait until I get an update. Thank you for your view!
Reply 4
The administrative team directed me to my lecturers/course leaders, so I contacted them. Although, I do agree with your point about spamming the team. I think I will just wait until I get an update. Thank you for your view!

Your original post said that you needed "a grade confirmation", which I'm assuming is that grade for a specific module. If that's the case, then presumably it's only the specific person responsible for that module that you'd need to contact.

I'd generally expect every member of academic staff who is actually teaching (i.e. not on study leave, etc) to have an "office hour" -- i.e. a regularly scheduled slot in which they are expected to be available in their office to see students. If you can find out which specific person you should be talking to and when their office hour is, it might be easiest to actually go and see them.

Failing that, perhaps go and see your personal tutor during their office hour and see if they can help.

What does this other university need the grade confirmation for? Are you looking to transfer there?

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd recommend trying to see or contact your personal tutor so that they can advise you within your school.

I'm sorry that I can't help more.
All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending