The Student Room Group

Realistic chances of pursuing a masters with a 2:2 Degree

Hello. I am an LLB graduate from India looking to pursue a masters in law outside my home country. My UG CGPA comes under the bracket of 2:2 qualification so what are the chances of me getting to apply for colleges in Britain, Ireland or Australia ? Well reasons my grades are mediocre is because I suffer from GAD and OCD issues which interfered a lot during the examination processes. I had a backlog in my penultimate semester due to the same reason but I do not know how much this will come into consider when I’m applying. I have 1.2 years of experience working In House also so should I continue looking for another job or go for a masters if I am qualified enough for one ? I left my job at the end of last year thinking I’ll do a masters but most UK universitities accept 2:1 candidates and not 2:2. What should I do ? Look for a suitable masters or look for another job ?
Original post by ineedhelp420
Hello. I am an LLB graduate from India looking to pursue a masters in law outside my home country. My UG CGPA comes under the bracket of 2:2 qualification so what are the chances of me getting to apply for colleges in Britain, Ireland or Australia ? Well reasons my grades are mediocre is because I suffer from GAD and OCD issues which interfered a lot during the examination processes. I had a backlog in my penultimate semester due to the same reason but I do not know how much this will come into consider when I’m applying. I have 1.2 years of experience working In House also so should I continue looking for another job or go for a masters if I am qualified enough for one ? I left my job at the end of last year thinking I’ll do a masters but most UK universitities accept 2:1 candidates and not 2:2. What should I do ? Look for a suitable masters or look for another job ?

You say "most UK universitities accept 2:1 candidates and not 2:2", which suggests that you have found some which accept a 2:2. Why would you not simply apply to those?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia

You say "most UK universitities accept 2:1 candidates and not 2:2", which suggests that you have found some which accept a 2:2. Why would you not simply apply to those?

So far only two colleges I’ve found that accept such qualifications. One in London and one in Birmingham.
Original post by ineedhelp420
So far only two colleges I’ve found that accept such qualifications. One in London and one in Birmingham.

Perfect. So you have two universities to which you can apply.
SOAS states they will consider applicants with below a 2:1 "if you can present a strong case, either through relevant work experience, other legal qualifications, or a strong supporting statement. References are not required, but can help build a stronger application if you fall below the 2:1 requirement or have non-traditional qualifications". So that's a potential option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending