The Student Room Group

Official TSR Book Club 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MindMax2000
Thanks for the tag.

welcome @MindMax2000! hope you enjoy reading the book of the month ❤️
Original post by emm4nuella
@study23! and @Tatakae L for the feb book of the month, should we decide on a genre first before venturing into the specific books?

Yep definiatly, maybe do a quick poll on the genre and then depending on the results we can do a book based on that
Original post by study23!
Tagging @AspiringSurvivor @MindMax2000 from the reading society group

Oh yes! So excited to read this book hopefully soon Thank you so much for the tag 🩶
Hi! I'm Jacky and I'm a crazy bookworm! Looking forward to joining you guys.
Reply 65
Original post by Jacky Pleasant

H Jacky nice to meet you!

welcome :smile:! are you familiar with how everything works, regarding the book etc? :biggrin: @Jacky Pleasant
(edited 3 months ago)
Almost not at all. I get the idea that I'm suppose to read the book by February and then I'm not quite sure. lol.
Also unrelated question....Does anyone know how the emojis work on desktop?
Reply 68
Almost not at all. I get the idea that I'm suppose to read the book by February and then I'm not quite sure. lol.

😂 Yeah so the plan is to read Daisy Jones and the Six by 19th of Feb. After that we’ll then share our reviews of it and overall just what we liked or didn’t like. Around then we’ll also open nominations for the February book of the month, so throughout the year we’ll try 12 books of different genres.
😂 Yeah so the plan is to read Daisy Jones and the Six by 19th of Feb. After that we’ll then share our reviews of it and overall just what we liked or didn’t like. Around then we’ll also open nominations for the February book of the month, so throughout the year we’ll try 12 books of different genres.

exactly this ^! happy reading @Jacky Pleasant :biggrin:!
Cheers!

hi lol, nice to meet you. basically u have to read the book my 19th of feb, i have still to start it. we then review it and have a long discussion i think, its our first time so yh. we are hoping to choose themes from next month so for example romance for february to honour valantines day, but its just a thought because otherwise the book suggestions are completely unrelated. for the emoji thing if you right click where the kind of line is, idk what its called, which shows where yoou are going to type, then it SHOULD come up with the option of emoji. but im not to sure if thats for all laptops and pcs so thats why its the should

i didnt see that you replied😂😂, i basically said the same thing so yh.im acc so excited for the genres cause then i might have an idea of books to recomend to read
Reply 73
Original post by Tatakae L
i didnt see that you replied😂😂, i basically said the same thing so yh.im acc so excited for the genres cause then i might have an idea of books to recomend to read

😂 Me too! I'm excited to read more genres since I've only ever really stayed in the YA/fantasy/dystopia/murder mystery genres. I've got to get through dorian grey before I can start Daisy Jones
😂 Me too! I'm excited to read more genres since I've only ever really stayed in the YA/fantasy/dystopia/murder mystery genres. I've got to get through dorian grey before I can start Daisy Jones

ive got to finish the second from blood and ash book so i can read daisy jones and then move onto gold by raven Kennedy. busy busy busyyyyyy. i'll do it tho
I'm currently slogging through Les Misérables but this will be a very welcome break. Les Mis is ENORMOUS!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 76
I'm currently slogging through Les Misérables but this will be a very welcome break. Les Mis is ENORMOUS!

Jeez I just searched it up - that is a massive book! I think the longest I've read is 600 something, which is why I'm putting off Priory of the Orange Tree...
Original post by undefined
TSR Book Club

Hello all, thanks for the support on the Book Club so far! Here is the Amazon link to our January book here: Daisy Jones and The Six: The must-read bestselling novel : Jenkins Reid, Taylor: Amazon.co.uk: Books or you can always borrow from the local library :smile:!

Can't wait for the book discussion in February!!

This thread is obviously still open for you guys to leave book reviews, book recommendations etc - but nothing about our book of the month yet! I'm afraid you have to wait until the 19th Feb to contribute and see everyone else's comments! :biggrin:

In addition, feel free to add books that you are reading to the spreadsheet (link in original post that's attached) and also contribute to the forums that I have linked above!

Any questions or queries, please ask! ❤️

tagged users: @Chronoscope @Saracen's Fez @Vic Vinegar @ebyrne2036 @doesgraymatter @study23! @user11112234 @amber.07 @squemily16 @marz11 @heartz4moushi @Tatakae L feel free to also tag in users who may love the book club too!

Thanks bookworms 📚🐛,
Emmanuella :smile:

Hello all, I would like suggestions on what type of genre our February book should be! I hope you are enjoying our January book if you have started reading! If you haven't (like me, cos of mocks i'm so busy :frown:) obvs you still have time, so do not rush!

Leave your genre suggestions below! If somebody has already mentioned the genre(s) you want to recommend, simply like that message (if you can't like, then reply to it) and the most-liked message will be the chosen genre!!

(Then closer to the time [around 16th Feb], I will ask for book suggestions, and then a poll will open where you can vote for our Feb Book of the Month!!)

I will be checking the most-liked post on Friday, so until then - get your genre suggestions in!!

(@Chronoscope @Saracen's Fez @Vic Vinegar @ebyrne2036 @doesgraymatter @study23! @user11112234 @amber.07 @squemily16 @marz11 @heartz4moushi @Tatakae L @MindMax2000 @AspiringSurvivor @Jacky Pleasant @kayleigh_t.27)

Thanks,
Emmanuella :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)
Murder Mystery! I'm a huge fan of "who-done-it" books
Reply 79
Romance for Valentines ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending