The Student Room Group

Hopefully I will cry tears of joy

Hi, I’m currently in year 13 and I am studying Maths, Chemistry and Spanish.

I really want to get AAA, however I’m currently at ABB. I know I have a lot of work to do, but hopefully by sharing my experience I can be consistent and share my story. Last year was pretty rough for me but I plan to pick myself up and make the most out of the next eight months!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tissuegorl
Hi, I’m currently in year 13 and I am studying Maths, Chemistry and Spanish.

I really want to get AAA, however I’m currently at ABB. I know I have a lot of work to do, but hopefully by sharing my experience I can be consistent and share my story. Last year was pretty rough for me but I plan to pick myself up and make the most out of the next eight months!

Welcome to Grow your Grades! :hello:Sounds like you're starting out with a really positive attitude and the grades you're aiming for definitely sound attainable :smile: Hopefully your blog will keep you on track!
Reply 2
Today was good. I had a mini test for chemistry, I think helped me to have a better understanding about amines. After school I revised for both of my maths tests that I have this week. I’m especially worried about pure maths because it’s quite easy to make silly mistakes and get the entire question wrong. Hopefully I do well in both.
Reply 3
Original post by Pwca
Welcome to Grow your Grades! :hello:Sounds like you're starting out with a really positive attitude and the grades you're aiming for definitely sound attainable :smile: Hopefully your blog will keep you on track!

Thanks 😊
Reply 4
Today I focused on doing some artwork, for my portfolio. I have kinda procrastinated this, sometimes it’s really hard to start. However I am going to be receiving feedback on it so I thought it was a good idea to do some more drawings. I also did some Spanish homework. Finally I had a pure maths test today. It was okay but I definitely struggle with logarithms so I need to make sure that I revise that over the half term.
Today I focused on doing some artwork, for my portfolio. I have kinda procrastinated this, sometimes it’s really hard to start. However I am going to be receiving feedback on it so I thought it was a good idea to do some more drawings. I also did some Spanish homework. Finally I had a pure maths test today. It was okay but I definitely struggle with logarithms so I need to make sure that I revise that over the half term.

Well done for making a start on your portfolio. What kind of artwork are you doing?
Reply 6
Original post by Pwca
Well done for making a start on your portfolio. What kind of artwork are you doing?

I have done lots of different mediums, drawings, models, abstract, knitting. Currently working on some sketches.
Reply 7
Today I didn’t do much, I mostly focused on Spanish and did some homework.
Reply 8
Today was okay, I completed my mechanics test. I’m not so sure how I did on the test, hopefully I got at least 75%! I did revise so I should do well. Other than that not much happened, I kinda flopped in my maths lesson today, feeling kinda embarrassed 🙈. Oh well, anyway today I mostly did homework. Over the weekend I didn’t do loads homework but I went to an open day!
Reply 9
Today I was meant to start the practical for chemistry (making aspirin) but it got rescheduled. I did loads of maths work today. I also revised for my chemistry test which is tomorrow! I hope I do well even though I missed a lesson because I was on a trip. Note to self: don’t go on any trips even if it might seem helpful, the catch up process is quite time consuming.
Reply 10
So today I got my results for my pure maths test, I think i underperformed in this test (~70%) but at least I know that I need to revise logarithms as I clearly struggle with that. I only got one mark on that question and zero on the other…tomorrow I’m going to get my mechanics paper back but I think I did well as my teacher said I scored over 80%. I also completed a chemistry test today, honestly I don’t know how I did, I practiced a lot so hopefully it shows in my results.
So today I got my results for my pure maths test, I think i underperformed in this test (~70%) but at least I know that I need to revise logarithms as I clearly struggle with that. I only got one mark on that question and zero on the other…tomorrow I’m going to get my mechanics paper back but I think I did well as my teacher said I scored over 80%. I also completed a chemistry test today, honestly I don’t know how I did, I practiced a lot so hopefully it shows in my results.

Well done on your results and for having such a good attitude about them. I'm due to sit a Level 5 maths exam in January and it'll be my first exam since GCSE so I'm mega nervous about it :colondollar: I think I need to adopt your approach and figure out which topics I struggle with most.

Good luck with the rest of your studies - I look forward to following your journey :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 12
Original post by brainzistheword
Well done on your results and for having such a good attitude about them. I'm due to sit a Level 5 maths exam in January and it'll be my first exam since GCSE so I'm mega nervous about it :colondollar: I think I need to adopt your approach and figure out which topics I struggle with most.

Good luck with the rest of your studies - I look forward to following your journey :smile:

I wish you the best on your exam! :h:
Reply 13
So today I got my mechanics paper back, as I said before, I got above 80%!!! I definitely made some silly mistakes (as usual) but overall I’m really happy. I also got my chemistry results back and I got over 70%!! Im really happy because chemistry is my weakest subject so it’s quite reassuring that I actually did well. To be honest I flopped almost every single end of topic test for chemistry in year 12. Hopefully I keep this up with lots of revision. I also started the aspirin practical which was quite fun. After school…I did nothing. I watched a film, I really needed that break :tongue:. Anyway tomorrow I have a Spanish test, I’ll try and do some revision tomorrow morning as I have a double free period. But after Spanish it’s half term for meeeeee!!!!!
Reply 14
Today was my last day of school for half term, I studied for Spanish and then relaxed a bit. I had my Spanish test today, honestly it was quite hard. I’m glad it’s half term, I have loads of work to do! But for the rest of today, I’m going to relax.
Today was my last day of school for half term, I studied for Spanish and then relaxed a bit. I had my Spanish test today, honestly it was quite hard. I’m glad it’s half term, I have loads of work to do! But for the rest of today, I’m going to relax.

Glad to hear you're taking the time to relax :smile: When will you get the result for your Spanish test?
Reply 16
Today marks the end of my half term holiday, I would say that it went okay. I relaxed and did some work which is good. Although, I’m not sure if I’m prepared for what this term will bring.
Reply 17
Original post by Pwca
Glad to hear you're taking the time to relax :smile: When will you get the result for your Spanish test?

Probably this week when I go back to school :h:
Reply 18
So today was very productive! I finally done some more research for my IRP, (I had a bunch of websites but never really explored them properly). I spent 90 minutes creating a first draft presentation. I did lots of chemistry revision as well (mostly organic) and did my maths homework that I got today.
Reply 19
Today wasn’t as productive as yesterday, but I did do chemistry and Spanish work. I also continued my chemistry practical (I’m making aspirin) so far it’s going well. Hopefully it’ll be successful, although it most likely won’t. Anyway, I’m going to get an early night rest today. Till next time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending