The Student Room Group

LSE Recommendation Letter

Hello,

I told my teacher I was only applying to Oxford 3 months ago so he explicitly wrote "I have no doubt (Name) will thrive at Oxford" in his reference letter. Unfortunately, I was rejected by Oxford and now I want to add LSE to my UCAS choices, but I am worried I will be automatically rejected because of my reference letter. Is there a solution?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Larryflax
Hello,

I told my teacher I was only applying to Oxford 3 months ago so he explicitly wrote "I have no doubt (Name) will thrive at Oxford" in his reference letter. Unfortunately, I was rejected by Oxford and now I want to add LSE to my UCAS choices, but I am worried I will be automatically rejected because of my reference letter. Is there a solution?

It might not mean automatic rejection but it's not a good look, especially for LSE who actually give weight to personal statements. Is the course at LSE the same as the Oxford one?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
It might not mean automatic rejection but it's not a good look, especially for LSE who actually give weight to personal statements. Is the course at LSE the same as the Oxford one?

Yes, more or less.
Yes, more or less.

Then you are where you are. You have 3 other choices, presumably?
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Then you are where you are. You have 3 other choices, presumably?

Nope, I am only planning to add LSE.
Nope, I am only planning to add LSE.

Then there's nothing more to add. You either get in or you don't.
Hello,

No it won’t affect your chances, don’t worry. Oxford are very aware that people apply for more than one university.
Reply 7
Original post by Carrotsarecool
No it won’t affect your chances, don’t worry. Oxford are very aware that people apply for more than one university.

By Oxford, you meant LSE here right?

By Oxford, you meant LSE here right?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending