The Student Room Group

Progressing the relationship

Hey there,

I’m looking for some dating advice, I’m 27 m and never really had a relationship before due to focusing on my career and gaining confidence in myself that way, but now I’ve semi established myself in that, I joined the dating game last year.

I met this girl (also 27) like 6 months ago now online and we’ve been out together 10/11 times, we’ve hugged from the first date but it’s never progressed from that. I am kind of a shy and reserved type of guy and she’s the more outgoing one, I’m now at a stage were I’m doubting myself that making the next move could ruin my chances with her, number 1 cause I’ve left it so long and number 2 my lack of relationship and dating experience.

We get along well, she instigates most of the times we hangout, we’re always laughing and joking with one another, message each other everyday, calls me super chill, so I presume they’re all positive signs.Obviously

I want to progress this into a romantic relationship but I’m not sure that if we’ve been out together so many times that I’ve just accidentally friend zoned myself.

I know the advice will be just look for the signs and kiss her, but any other advice would be appreciated!

Thanks for reading!
If she is still initiating dates then I think that’s a positive sign. She likely would have said something by now if she didn’t think it was going anywhere.

I agree that you’ve left it a while, but I think you’re going to have to bite the bullet and hold her hand and ask if you could kiss her. Hypothetically she might say no, but otherwise you are stuck in limbo.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey there,

I’m looking for some dating advice, I’m 27 m and never really had a relationship before due to focusing on my career and gaining confidence in myself that way, but now I’ve semi established myself in that, I joined the dating game last year.

I met this girl (also 27) like 6 months ago now online and we’ve been out together 10/11 times, we’ve hugged from the first date but it’s never progressed from that. I am kind of a shy and reserved type of guy and she’s the more outgoing one, I’m now at a stage were I’m doubting myself that making the next move could ruin my chances with her, number 1 cause I’ve left it so long and number 2 my lack of relationship and dating experience.

We get along well, she instigates most of the times we hangout, we’re always laughing and joking with one another, message each other everyday, calls me super chill, so I presume they’re all positive signs.Obviously

I want to progress this into a romantic relationship but I’m not sure that if we’ve been out together so many times that I’ve just accidentally friend zoned myself.

I know the advice will be just look for the signs and kiss her, but any other advice would be appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

@londonmyst
any pice of advice for our anonymous guy?
Reply 3
Trust your gut instinct. :smile:
Sounds like it is time to confirm that the two of you are on the same page in terms of ambitions and relationship expectations.
Assuming that the two of you met on a dating site and she is initiating at least half the dates, she is attracted to you plus wants to continue spending time together.

Talk to her about your feelings and how you would like to progress the relationship.
Be direct, honest and very clear about what you are looking for.
Ensure that you find out how she feels and what she is looking for.
Then decide whether the two of you are compatible and both feel ready to consider taking your relationship to the next level.
Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hey there,

Thanks for reading!

Point 1 - You've been out 10/11 times

Point 2 - She initiates

She likes you, make your intentions known physically.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by londonmyst
Trust your gut instinct. :smile:
Sounds like it is time to confirm that the two of you are on the same page in terms of ambitions and relationship expectations.
Assuming that the two of you met on a dating site and she is initiating at least half the dates, she is attracted to you plus wants to continue spending time together.

Talk to her about your feelings and how you would like to progress the relationship.
Be direct, honest and very clear about what you are looking for.
Ensure that you find out how she feels and what she is looking for.
Then decide whether the two of you are compatible and both feel ready to consider taking your relationship to the next level.
Good luck!

yes agreed
i do understand his pessimism though.
but definitly, our anonymous here should try to confirm if the two of them are on the same page.
prsom.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending