The Student Room Group

Been emailed about applying for uni as a continuing student rather than new student.

So in 2021 I started uni, hated it and dropped out in November. I had meetings with my tutors etc advising me if I needed any help to stay on, or if I was 100% sure I was leaving, what I needed to do regarding student loans etc.
I followed their advice and filled out the withdrawal forms, and another form I had to fill in as I was transferring to a different uni, but in the following September (this was the advice my uni gave me)

I reapplied to Uni (UCAS, student loan etc) and started my first year again in a different uni in 2022. I’m now in my second year and have just received an email stating that student finance will not pay my 2022/23 fee as I applied as a continuing student.

I don’t actually know what I have to do to resolve this issue, so has anybody had a similar experience or does anybody have any advice on what I need to do?
Thank you!
Original post by Jasmine244
So in 2021 I started uni, hated it and dropped out in November. I had meetings with my tutors etc advising me if I needed any help to stay on, or if I was 100% sure I was leaving, what I needed to do regarding student loans etc.
I followed their advice and filled out the withdrawal forms, and another form I had to fill in as I was transferring to a different uni, but in the following September (this was the advice my uni gave me)

I reapplied to Uni (UCAS, student loan etc) and started my first year again in a different uni in 2022. I’m now in my second year and have just received an email stating that student finance will not pay my 2022/23 fee as I applied as a continuing student.

I don’t actually know what I have to do to resolve this issue, so has anybody had a similar experience or does anybody have any advice on what I need to do?
Thank you!

Hi Jasmine,

If you withdrew from a course at one university and change to a new course at a new university this would class you as a new student. With the email that was sent to you was there a PN1 form attached to it? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi Jasmine,

If you withdrew from a course at one university and change to a new course at a new university this would class you as a new student. With the email that was sent to you was there a PN1 form attached to it? Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross,

I did think that at the time, since I wasn’t continuing that same month, but I just went with what my advisor at my uni had told me. The email I’ve just received didn’t have anything attached to it, can I access that online anywhere?
Thank you
Original post by Jasmine244
Hi Ross,

I did think that at the time, since I wasn’t continuing that same month, but I just went with what my advisor at my uni had told me. The email I’ve just received didn’t have anything attached to it, can I access that online anywhere?
Thank you

Hi Jasmine,

Yeah you can access the forms online via the 'Form Finder' section on the Student Finance England website. Answer the questions it asks and make sure you select the correct Academic Year and it will provide you with the correct form. It would be a paper application so it will need to be sent by post and the PO Box would be stated on the last page to send it to. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending