The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCLMS - Interview Invite

Hello all,

To those of you who applied and sat the exam, can you please let me know if you have received an interview invite for Kings College London Maths School?

*Edit: Interviews are now being sent out - however, I'm unsure whether they are all sent at a go or in batches*
*Do share if you got an invite!!*

(edited 4 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HV1234
Hello all,

To those of you who applied and sat the exam, can you please let me know if you have received an interview invite for Kings College London Maths School?

How did u find the test
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Pretty challenging for sure.

I however did a lot better than what I thought I would do and did about 7-8 questions properly.

You?
Reply 3
Original post by HV1234
Pretty challenging for sure.

I however did a lot better than what I thought I would do and did about 7-8 questions properly.

You?

It was alright, but ive realised a couple of silly mistakes i made but its fine brcause they primarily mark the process rather than the answer
Reply 4
Original post by HV1234
Hello all,

Not yet, pretty sure they send the interviews late December. I'm feeling quite confident apart from how I somehow forgot how to do the polygon question
Reply 5
have any of you received an email on an interview?
Reply 6
Original post by j3ss1ca246
have any of you received an email on an interview?

yes
Does anyone know if they send an email even if you don't get in to the interview stage or do they just not send you an email if you didn't get an interview? Like has anyone here got like an email to tell them they didn't get an interview
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by AlwaysASK08
Does anyone know if they send an email even if you don't get in to the interview stage or do they just not send you an email if you didn't get an interview? Like has anyone here got like an email to tell them they didn't get an interview

Im a student at KCLMs and iirc if you do not make it to interviews there is an email to say they will no longer continue with your application
Reply 9
Original post by Aosta
Im a student at KCLMs and iirc if you do not make it to interviews there is an email to say they will no longer continue with your application

yeahhh, i think yesterday the students who received an email are the ones who got accepted for an interview and people who received emails today didnt get accepted.
Reply 10
yeahhh, i think yesterday the students who received an email are the ones who got accepted for an interview and people who received emails today didnt get accepted.

People received emails today??
Original post by HV1234
People received emails today??

yeahhh some of my friends who received an email on Tuesday got rejected whereas the people who received emails on Monday got accepted for an interview.
Original post by HV1234
Hello all,

*Edit: Interviews are now being sent out - however, I'm unsure whether they are all sent at a go or in batches*
*Do share if you got an invite!!*

Hey there! I got an invitation on Mon and I'm quite shocked about it 😅😅 The day after they had also sent the rejection email which panicked me so much but turns out it was a mistake, I wonder if anyone had the same case...
Reply 13
Original post by Breezydays2973
Hey there! I got an invitation on Mon and I'm quite shocked about it 😅😅 The day after they had also sent the rejection email which panicked me so much but turns out it was a mistake, I wonder if anyone had the same case...

I know a girl who was in the same situation haha

Congrats on the invite too!!
Reply 14
Original post by Breezydays2973

Yeah man I had the same problem; my mum read the email first and told me that I didn’t get an interview until I read the email prior 😭
Original post by Stelarity
Yeah man I had the same problem; my mum read the email first and told me that I didn’t get an interview until I read the email prior 😭

That must have been even more confusing 🥲. Good luck on the interview though when it comes! ٩(
are you guys doing anything to prepare for the interview..
Reply 17
are you guys doing anything to prepare for the interview..

Hey im at KCLMs and are yr 13,
I cant give any exact questions as such but I can give some good tips that should help sorry if it is a bit late i do know that the interview is soon. If you can try and get a mock interview . There will be two in the real thing one to do with maths and other personal as you know. My best tip for the maths is to say what you are doing almost if you are noticing a pattern maybe mention it and etc. For the personal I would advise to go over if you can anything you sent to kings. Ie the personal statement parts and think about stuff like why do you like maths. Is there anything you dont like. Think about how you could give more to the school like how do you contribute to the school culture. Is there a club that fascinates you? Is there a certain oppurtunity you would wanna seize.
For the maths its gonna be problem solving I cant tell you what style of question it will be but it will involve being taught a totally new topic and then going to apply it to new problems and in the questions provided it may not be entirely clear how you could do this. If you have any questions I am more active in the discord server they set up so id advise joining especially since I answered loads of questions in regards to culture and etc.
Best of Luck in your prep and stuff
Also a heres a video on an oxford one which follows a similar format https://youtu.be/efXbABwhCtE?si=QF65jVn6-VrrK7wY
Reply 18
https://discord.gg/s4GrHz6pcE
Link if anyones interested
Thanks for the advice!! i have my mock interview tomorrow and my actual one next week Friday, so I'm a little nervous as sometimes i tend to get quite tense when im confused at a maths question especially if they are observing my interaction with the question... as a student in KCLMS how did you find the interview process??

Quick Reply

Latest