The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy at Oxford - 2024/2025

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #7
Oh really? You got assigned to a college right away for Oxford? Right after you got accepted? May I ask which one you got allocated to? Was it the same one as you put on your application?
Sorry that was for an offer in DPIR. Took a week, still waiting ofc for MSc.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Hello everyone! Has anyone else been wait-listed? Or have most people just received a straight up rejection email?
I got an acceptance yesterday night
Original post by Anonymous #11
Should we make something like a WhatsApp Group for offer holders? I know that some offer holders does it before they start in October :smile:

I can make one. But I need to add one person to make a WhatsApp group (can't make one by myself). Someone can DM me their phone number
Did anyone get to know their college or supervisor yet?~
Did anyone get to know their college or supervisor yet?~

I think we find out about our supervisor in the first week.
Original post by Anonymous #4
I think we find out about our supervisor in the first week.

How do they assign us a supervisor?
Original post by masters-help
How do they assign us a supervisor?

Think it was in the course information documents, but I assume just closest fit to interests etc..
Did anyone hear back from colleges yet? I got rejected from my preferred college last night. I wonder if that means we will be pooled to a “random” college… Is this something to genuinely worry about?
Did anyone hear back from colleges yet? I got rejected from my preferred college last night. I wonder if that means we will be pooled to a “random” college… Is this something to genuinely worry about?

I was also rejected by my preferred college, Lincoln College, yesterday. In the email it said we were guaranteed a placement but I am also concerned, seeing as they did not allow us to list another preference and it's possible we won't know which college we've been assigned to now before we have to confirm matriculation. Anyone have any thoughts about college placement???
Original post by anonymous474
I was also rejected by my preferred college, Lincoln College, yesterday. In the email it said we were guaranteed a placement but I am also concerned, seeing as they did not allow us to list another preference and it's possible we won't know which college we've been assigned to now before we have to confirm matriculation. Anyone have any thoughts about college placement???

I would say it’s worth reading the general thread, I think you get pooled and highly likely to be given one of the accept all PG colleges? like Wolfson?
Original post by Anonymous #4
I would say it’s worth reading the general thread, I think you get pooled and highly likely to be given one of the accept all PG colleges? like Wolfson?

Ok, will do, thanks for the information!
Also, did the WhatsApp group from earlier in the thread ever come to fruition?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending