The Student Room Group

hills road application

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexandruiftime
Hey guys I'm applying for hills road as well, I have received a guidance meeting, I have an admissions score of 74 and I wanna do history, maths and Spanish. I live around 45 mins away. Do u think I have good chances of getting in because I really wanna get in.

did you receive a guidance meeting later than everyone else too? i can’t really say if you’ll get in tbh they don’t just go based of grades and where you live it’s about you as a whole. when you do your guidance meeting ask them if you’re within the catchment area if they say yes then you’re chances of getting in will be higher than if they say no
Original post by idk_12345677

did you receive a guidance meeting later than everyone else too? i can’t really say if you’ll get in tbh they don’t just go based of grades and where you live it’s about you as a whole. when you do your guidance meeting ask them if you’re within the catchment area if they say yes then you’re chances of getting in will be higher than if they say no

I recieved it at the same time as all my friends

you live far. but just ask if you’re in the catchment area when you do your guidance meeting

you live far. but just ask if you’re in the catchment area when you do your guidance meeting

People in CAP schools are in the catchment areas and I don't go to a CAP school

People in CAP schools are in the catchment areas and I don't go to a CAP school

no ppl in cap schools just have priority. i don’t go to a cap school either they take abt 500 non-cap school students each year but the catchment area is determined on how oversubscribed they are each year. it applied to everyone

no ppl in cap schools just have priority. i don’t go to a cap school either they take abt 500 non-cap school students each year but the catchment area is determined on how oversubscribed they are each year. it applied to everyone

Oh ok
Reply 26
possibly. when i was signing up for the meeting they only had 30 slots left. they should have emailed you with an update tho. what subjects are you take and how far do you live from hills?

Yeah i havn't recieved any kind of update. Im taking biology chemistry and maths and my admission score is 84 but Im an out of area student i live like 40 mins away
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 27
can you let me know what they say to you when they email you?

I've just got an email for a guidance meeting!!
Original post by 3carg

that’s great!!
Original post by 3carg

Ayyy nicee
Reply 30
Does anyone know what the guidance meeting is like and how likely I am to get an offer after the guidance meeting?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by 3carg
Does anyone know what the guidance meeting is like and how likely I am to get an offer after the guidance meeting?

it doesn’t increase your chances it’s just to help you pick your alevels
Reply 32
Thought to let yall know my friend got her invitation for a guidance meeting too
Reply 33
i applied to hills and they have been handing out guidance meetings. all my friends have got one but the email i received said “We are continuing to review applications. Please do not worry if someone you know has been offered a guidance meeting; you will receive an update on this next week.” is this a bad thing? cause i live quite far and idk if they are like putting me aside while they look for closer applicants. has this happened to anyone else who has applied before?

Not worth the hype, traffic is terrible dont go unless you can go by train or walk/cycle
I applied to Hills and got a guidance meeting - however, I'm a bit afraid about going to Hills as some of my friends tell me it is under the influence of drugs... Can anyone confirm?
Reply 35
Original post by jelllyfiiish
I applied to Hills and got a guidance meeting - however, I'm a bit afraid about going to Hills as some of my friends tell me it is under the influence of drugs... Can anyone confirm?

Sorry nope i heard that some rumour from longs too

have you done your guidance meeting yet? if so, how was it?
Original post by 3carg

I've got mine on Tuesday
Reply 39
Had my guidance meeting yesterday went well how did everyone elses go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending