The Student Room Group

Do the British Armed Forces pay you a higher salary for knowing more than 1 language?

I am learning Italian and it is going very well, so I am going to try and become as fluent as possible. I also intend to join the British Armed Forces. Would I get paid a higher salary for knowing Italian? Thanks.
Reply 1
You'll have to ask what languages qualify, as it's not always the European languages needed.
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
I am learning Italian and it is going very well, so I am going to try and become as fluent as possible. I also intend to join the British Armed Forces. Would I get paid a higher salary for knowing Italian? Thanks.

No, it doesn't matter what qualifications you have or what you know better then anyone else, each job has a set pay and your talents cant change that
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu

i’m not currently in the forces but am looking at going in. i’m pretty sure well if ur going in the raf you get language pay but i don’t think you choose ur language i think they teach you wha they want you to do if ye get me

Quick Reply

Latest