The Student Room Group

Ungrateful friend

I have this friend and we’re both applying to med. I’ve had two interviews and i’m jus waiting to hear back from one uni for hopefully a third interview. My friend’s had two rejections but on Friday she got an interview and obviously i’m really happy for her so I said to her i’ll help her and give her all my notes.

I’ve given her the flashcards I used and sent her a pic of my notes on NHS hot topics and stuff. I’ve also given her some structures and added her to an insta gc with random ppl who have got/had med interviews and she’s not said thankyou once and left me on read when i sent her the notes? She saved them on chat and left me on read, and then on the insta gc as well she’s rude and left me on read when I helped her with a question, and it hurts icl lol.

I’m probably being dramatic, and I know that i’m doing this to be nice so I shouldn’t expect anything in return and I don’t but I feel like at least a thank you would be nice yk? Bc this other girl we know paid for a course and my notes are better than hers bc I went through sm effort and read sm articles and stuff and summarised the info and ive just given it to her bc shes my mate and shes not even grateful
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have this friend and we’re both applying to med. I’ve had two interviews and i’m jus waiting to hear back from one uni for hopefully a third interview. My friend’s had two rejections but on Friday she got an interview and obviously i’m really happy for her so I said to her i’ll help her and give her all my notes.

I’ve given her the flashcards I used and sent her a pic of my notes on NHS hot topics and stuff. I’ve also given her some structures and added her to an insta gc with random ppl who have got/had med interviews and she’s not said thankyou once and left me on read when i sent her the notes? She saved them on chat and left me on read, and then on the insta gc as well she’s rude and left me on read when I helped her with a question, and it hurts icl lol.

I’m probably being dramatic, and I know that i’m doing this to be nice so I shouldn’t expect anything in return and I don’t but I feel like at least a thank you would be nice yk? Bc this other girl we know paid for a course and my notes are better than hers bc I went through sm effort and read sm articles and stuff and summarised the info and ive just given it to her bc shes my mate and shes not even grateful

I think you are just reading too much meaning to it.
It if hurts, you can try jokingly tell her during any if your chats/calls. If she’s intentionally ignoring, keep a open mind and try to protect your own sanity.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

That's called a bad friend. If their a real friend you wouldn't be getting aired, especially when it comes to helping them. Me personally i'd talk to them about it, if there is no change. Cut that off, it doesn't matter how long you've been friends for. Your basically at an age where you gotta protect your peace, People can change.
Also, If you do talk to them about the way they've been acting and you get some excuse which you kinda clock onto, thats also a reason to cut them off as they clearly dont value your loyalty.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending