The Student Room Group

Do you think I was ungrateful?

I told my HR buddy that I did not enjoy my previous internship ( see previous posts) and she told me the following:

I said I did not get much work-- she told me I might have been very bad so nobody gave me any work. I think this is partially true and also because the workplace was too small and did not have time to train me and monitor me
I said the buddy didn't support me -- she told me I sound ungrateful and I should have gone to other people for support. Unfortunately, the team was small and thus overworked and had no time to develop me.

Does it make me look ungrateful to complain about a previous employer? Shall I make I avoid criticizing former employers?
Reply 1
Original post by newgrad2023
I told my HR buddy that I did not enjoy my previous internship ( see previous posts) and she told me the following:

I said I did not get much work-- she told me I might have been very bad so nobody gave me any work. I think this is partially true and also because the workplace was too small and did not have time to train me and monitor me
I said the buddy didn't support me -- she told me I sound ungrateful and I should have gone to other people for support. Unfortunately, the team was small and thus overworked and had no time to develop me.

Does it make me look ungrateful to complain about a previous employer? Shall I make I avoid criticizing former employers?

I don't think it makes you ungrateful but you shouldn't criticis previous employers (even internships) as it can look unprofessional. I made the mistake of doing that during a job interview and I didn't get the job (that may not be the only reason but my successful interviews didn't mention negative experiences). If you're asked why you left your last job just say you are looking for a new challenge or that the new workplace better aligns with your values.

You can complain to your friends and family though that's what they're there for :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending