The Student Room Group

Kings College vs Bart’s for Graduate Entry Medicine

So I recently got an offer from both graduate entry courses at Barts and Kings and I’m very conflicted about which one to go for? I hope I don’t come across as ungrateful I’m actually very thankful to be in this position. I’m just wondering whether there’s a specific one that has any advantages or disadvantages, or anyones personal experiences on the unis regarding medicine (undergrad but preferably the graduate entry course) many thanks!!
Go for Bart's. Have you seen the way they treated King's applicants this year. Someone said that the first year medics at King's didn't even get placement until their summer holidays started.
(edited 1 year ago)
Barts. Kings have been clowns this year. Barts is calling for you my friend, run from kings
I would echo what the above two have said. KCL's handling of admission this year across all degrees has been somewhat shambolic. There was also a post from a current KCL grad med student on the 2023 entry (I think) page and they didn't have particularly kind words to say about the course.
Reply 4
Original post by medicphd
I would echo what the above two have said. KCL's handling of admission this year across all degrees has been somewhat shambolic. There was also a post from a current KCL grad med student on the 2023 entry (I think) page and they didn't have particularly kind words to say about the course.

Original post by PastelColours
Barts. Kings have been clowns this year. Barts is calling for you my friend, run from kings

Original post by Br0wnies
Go for Bart's. Have you seen the way they treated King's applicants this year. Someone said that the first year medics at King's didn't even get placement until their summer holidays started.

Ahhh I’m also leaning towards Bart’s, my only counterpoint is I’m just wondering if the admin side doesn’t actually reflect the course but yeah thanks all
Reply 5
Original post by jokermuja
Ahhh I’m also leaning towards Bart’s, my only counterpoint is I’m just wondering if the admin side doesn’t actually reflect the course but yeah thanks all

What could possibly be tempting you to lean towards KCL after all this?
KCL does not have a great reputation for the way it treats its applicants - or its students.
It isnt just 'admin' - its an endemic culture at KCL.

Go to Barts.
Reply 7
Rather than focusing on negatives of KCL, here's something that really appeals to me about Bart's: a pre-hospital medicine student selected component.

http://www.prehospitalcareprogramme.org/

I didn't apply to Bart's, but I possibly would have sat the UCAT just to apply there if I'd have known about that PHEM SSC.

I don’t think it’s just admission admin though. KCL have had bad student satisfaction scores for quite some time now.
Reply 9
Original post by medicphd
I don’t think it’s just admission admin though. KCL have had bad student satisfaction scores for quite some time now.

This.

Although we're used to regarding league tables and rankings as irrelevant for UK med schools, one aspect that does deserve at least a cursory glance is the student satisfaction scoring.
(edited 1 year ago)
Bart's 100%
Reply 11
I really appreciate everyones replies here and I think I agree with everyone haha. Thanks all!
Reply 12
So I recently got an offer from both graduate entry courses at Barts and Kings and I’m very conflicted about which one to go for? I hope I don’t come across as ungrateful I’m actually very thankful to be in this position. I’m just wondering whether there’s a specific one that has any advantages or disadvantages, or anyones personal experiences on the unis regarding medicine (undergrad but preferably the graduate entry course) many thanks!!

Congratulation for getting into both! I know it has been a while, but do you mind telling me your UCAT grades and other academic scores when you were applying? I am thinking of applying for them in the upcoming year. Any advice will be really helpful for me! Thanks a lot!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending