The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Law 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of York
Hi Anonymous#15 and @siuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,
I'd suggest that you email [email protected] for further information with your UCAS ID and they will be able to give you some more information.

Are York still sending offers? I’ve heard nothing but radio silence. do i just assume I’ve been rejected?
University of York
York
Original post by Anonymous #11
Are York still sending offers? I’ve heard nothing but radio silence. do i just assume I’ve been rejected?
Hi,

We are still inviting eligible applicants to complete a self assessment and are processing final decisions. Please continue to check your email for invites to self assessment and UCAS Hub for final decisions. This is an ongoing process and we are working through applications as quickly as we can. We appreciate your continued patience as we deal with an unprecedented volume of applications.
Reply 82
Original post by isobel l
I'm a home non-contextual student still waiting to here. Anyone else in the same boat?
Yep
Reply 83
Original post by University of York
Hi Anonymous#15 and @siuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,
I'd suggest that you email [email protected] for further information with your UCAS ID and they will be able to give you some more information.
Very frustrating
Reply 84
Original post by Uni mum 2024
He’s a home student, he’s got the law offer holders day on 16 March so he’s really looking forward to that too.
Can I ask what his predicted grades were if you don’t mind?
Reply 85
unsure but someone said that the offer holder day is 16 March
Original post by Bo77 Tman
What’s up with the campus and city stinking so bad?
wait does it actually smell bad ??
Hi guys,
Is the self assessment for the PBL typed or spoken? How does it work?
Original post by EmG55
Hi,

We have several offer holder days for Law. 16 March is the first one, so if you receive an offer, you will be invited to book on to one of our events.
Original post by haydenmiller
Hi guys,
Is the self assessment for the PBL typed or spoken? How does it work?
Hi,

The self assessment task is designed for eligible applicants to review a series of information, mainly videos, to determine whether the PBL method of learning is suitable for them. It is not a test and at the end you simply confirm that you have completed it. Hope this helps!
Original post by EmG55
Can I ask what his predicted grades were if you don’t mind?
His predicted grades for his a levels are 3 x A*
Original post by EmG55
My son has an offer day this Saturday 16 March, other universities have a few offer days so possibly York do too
Yes it does. Probably smells the worst out of all the universities and cities I’ve been to in the UK (about 25 universities and about 60 cities).
but why ?
Original post by Uni mum 2024
I was there just recently at the university and I visit York regularly and neither were / are smelly 😊
I heard it is the smelliest city in the UK?
I heard it is the smelliest city in the UK?
I’d say there are definitely smellier places in the UK, it’s actually a very beautiful city
Yes it does. Probably smells the worst out of all the universities and cities I’ve been to in the UK (about 25 universities and about 60 cities).
He's chatting out his ass, if you look up online york was ranked one of the best smelling cities in the UK.
North Yorkshire is notoriously one of the stinkiest places in the UK though no?
Omg enough now. So childish and irritating 😠
I just got an offer from York. maybe I'll reconsider firming it. I have autism and I get overstimulated really easily especially with smells. I thought I might firm it but this is making me re consider.
Original post by Anonymous #16
I just got an offer from York. maybe I'll reconsider firming it. I have autism and I get overstimulated really easily especially with smells. I thought I might firm it but this is making me re consider.
What are your 5 university choices? I will be happy to tell you which of them you might want to avoid if you think this will be an issue. York is notoriously a really smelly place with all the farms, flowers, sewage plants, and the people there.
Original post by Anonymous #16
argh ridiculous. At this point being international is an advantage more than anything.
Just got rejected. Gutted. Predicted 3 A*s

Quick Reply

Latest