The Student Room Group

Stuck on my a level choice

Hi I’m thinking to do economics politics and geography however I’m not sure if I should swap phycology with geo I’m not sure what I want to do in university I’m thinking about law or Business related or what is a better match and more respected for top uni just wondering what would be better to choose either geo or phycology and if my a level choices are a good mix/match please help
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Generally I'd go with what you think you'd like more, just because you're more likely to do well. Getting 3 As, for example, would be looked upon more favourably than getting 2As and a B if that B was in a subject you picked because it would look better. So long as you actually have the subject/s required for the course, it's just getting those grades.

Considering how they would actually be considered, I would probably say that they'd be worth approximately the same, especially for the degrees your looking at. Both are very essay-based, so are good for things like Law and Business, and really that's what matters.

If you do try one and find out you really dislike it, you can always switch within a few weeks of starting Sixth Form/College, so try not to let it worry you to much :smile:
Hope that helps! Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
Generally I'd go with what you think you'd like more, just because you're more likely to do well. Getting 3 As, for example, would be looked upon more favourably than getting 2As and a B if that B was in a subject you picked because it would look better. So long as you actually have the subject/s required for the course, it's just getting those grades.

Considering how they would actually be considered, I would probably say that they'd be worth approximately the same, especially for the degrees your looking at. Both are very essay-based, so are good for things like Law and Business, and really that's what matters.

If you do try one and find out you really dislike it, you can always switch within a few weeks of starting Sixth Form/College, so try not to let it worry you to much :smile:
Hope that helps! Best of luck :biggrin:

Thank you very much I think I’ll go with geography as it’s probably more business related than phycology and I do like certain office jobs but if I don’t enjoy it I’ll prob change to phycology instead in my college I’m going to thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Yuuhhhhgf45
Thank you very much I think I’ll go with geography as it’s probably more business related than phycology and I do like certain office jobs but if I don’t enjoy it I’ll prob change to phycology instead in my college I’m going to thanks

No problem at all, hope all goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest