The Student Room Group

Animal management L3

I’m 16 and i am stuck on whether to do an animal management level 3 course at college or whether to do a levels. I believe I am fully capable of doing a levels, however I don’t think the a levels I want to do would allow me to work with animals. The only thing that concerns me about animal management is the age of the people on the course, I’m pretty sure there are a wide range of ages on my course and I want to be able to make friends as well. There is also the issue of people seeing college courses as less respected than a levels. So I was just wondering if a level 3 in animal management is worth it?
On the whole doing BTEC instead of A levels can limit your choices at uni. My daughter is doing vet med and that would have been very difficult with BTEC. It does depend on what you might want to do at uni of course. Maybe pick a few possible courses and look at what their entry requirements are
Reply 2
Original post by ReadingMum
On the whole doing BTEC instead of A levels can limit your choices at uni. My daughter is doing vet med and that would have been very difficult with BTEC. It does depend on what you might want to do at uni of course. Maybe pick a few possible courses and look at what their entry requirements are

Thank you for your advice! I’m going to look into it over the next month as I have had an offer at both college and my schools sixth form. I’ll just see what course could be right for me.
The Level 3 is more advanced than an A- Level I believe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending