The Student Room Group

Anyone unsuccessful after their OAC? (H.O asylum decision maker role)

Hi, so I had my OAC 3 weeks ago and haven't heard if I've passed or not. From what I've read on forums, people are hearing back within a day or two, that they've been successful and then are getting the weekly review emails. I have still been getting the review emails, however I've not had a successful / unsuccessful email. So my question is, is there anyone on here that failed that part? - if so did you hear back or were you left in Limbo, with recurrent review emails?

I was told I'd hear back after 15 days, but as mentioned, I've had just the reviewing emails.

I'm wondering if I should give up hope?
(edited 5 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mehmeh123
Hi, so I had my OAC 3 weeks ago and haven't heard if I've passed or not. From what I've read on forums, people are hearing back within a day or two, that they've been successful and then are getting the weekly review emails. I have still been getting the review emails, however I've not had a successful / unsuccessful email. So my question is, is there anyone on here that failed that part? - if so did you hear back or were you left in Limbo, with recurrent review emails?

I was told I'd hear back after 15 days, but as mentioned, I've had just the reviewing emails.

I had my oac for asylum decision maker and next day had email saying I passed that and they were progressing me to the next stage. I’m not entirely sure what the next stage is.

application status has been stuck on this for a while……
Thank you for completing all of the required assessments for a Asylum Decision Maker position. We are currently reviewing your results and will contact you with regards to the outcome.

Since then I haven’t heard anything. Had No conditional offer and no ask for my documents and ID and stuff so I’m not sure if they’re doing checks or if interviews are still ongoing. I would have thought I would get a provisional offer, then checks are completed . starting to think if been lost in the system or something. Hopefully we will hear back soon. Good luck with your application. Ps I have had zero weekly or any at all review emails
(edited 5 months ago)
What did your OAC consist of?
Reply 3
Original post by Bbbbbxxxxx
I had my oac for asylum decision maker and next day had email saying I passed that and they were progressing me to the next stage. I’m not entirely sure what the next stage is.

Thank you for completing all of the required assessments for a Asylum Decision Maker position. We are currently reviewing your results and will contact you with regards to the outcome.

Since then I haven’t heard anything. Had No conditional offer and no ask for my documents and ID and stuff so I’m not sure if they’re doing checks or if interviews are still ongoing. I would have thought I would get a provisional offer, then checks are completed . starting to think if been lost in the system or something. Hopefully we will hear back soon. Good luck with your application. Ps I have had zero weekly or any at all review emails

It's all so confusing isn't it, yes it does make you wonder if you've been lost in the system, especially when others are getting further communications. I've not even had an email to say I've passed yet or not, so who knows what's happening with me 🫠

Good luck with your application also - hope you hear back soon
Reply 4
Original post by Ruby Woo 83

A presentation in relation to the written test and then an interview

A presentation in relation to the written test and then an interview

Ah, yes, mine was the same, presentation based on the paper selection written test. Thanks for that. I thought I had seen that others had different scenarios
Reply 6
Ah, yes, mine was the same, presentation based on the paper selection written test. Thanks for that. I thought I had seen that others had different scenarios

I think they changed what the OAC entailed from September onwards. I saw that others had to do pre recorded interview scenarios prior?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 7

So the OAC…… I used the link they sent me on the day to join the zoom. There was a person there telling us how the OAC process works and there were a few others besides me on the zoom who were also applying for the role. You get put into virtual room for each part of the assessment. First part is your short presentation then it’s your interview questions. Different person for each bit. Questions pretty easy I think they are looking for how you would cope or adapt or make decisions etc . Hope this helps. Ps. Wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I thought before I did it
Reply 8
It's all so confusing isn't it, yes it does make you wonder if you've been lost in the system, especially when others are getting further communications. I've not even had an email to say I've passed yet or not, so who knows what's happening with me 🫠

Good luck with your application also - hope you hear back soon

Definitely, it’s really annoying not knowing. At least if you knew what stage you were at or what the next stage was it would be putting our minds at ease. Have you tried emailing them to ask maybe if there’s an issue?
Reply 9
Definitely, it’s really annoying not knowing. At least if you knew what stage you were at or what the next stage was it would be putting our minds at ease. Have you tried emailing them to ask maybe if there’s an issue?

Yeah, I've reached out to them and they came back saying, "We can confirm that there has been a delay and cannot give you a timeframe".

Very insightful 🤣🫠
Reply 10

I had my OAC midday a week ago yesterday. I heard back that I had passed my panel in the morning the following day then 2 days following that was given my conditional offer and asked to upload my ID and right to work. That was checked and then to following day was asked to submit my form for SC checks. Just open a live chat with them and ask them, it won’t do any harm! What are the weekly review emails though? I haven’t been receiving those, only correspondence from them about my application. Not sure it’ll make much difference but I applied for a role in Sheffield.
(edited 5 months ago)
Yeah, I've reached out to them and they came back saying, "We can confirm that there has been a delay and cannot give you a timeframe".

Very insightful 🤣🫠

God not much help that is it. When I emailed them they just copy n pasted what the status says when I log in to the portal. I can see some people got conditional offer really quick and to upload documents n ID it’s making me think there’s an issue I don’t get why everyone’s situation or experience of the process is so different
Reply 12
God not much help that is it. When I emailed them they just copy n pasted what the status says when I log in to the portal. I can see some people got conditional offer really quick and to upload documents n ID it’s making me think there’s an issue I don’t get why everyone’s situation or experience of the process is so different

From looking at other forums, all the offices seem to be working at different speeds. I applied at the Cardiff one - where did you apply?
Reply 13
Original post by Zachhh97
I had my OAC midday a week ago yesterday. I heard back that I had passed my panel in the morning the following day then 2 days following that was given my conditional offer and asked to upload my ID and right to work. That was checked and then to following day was asked to submit my form for SC checks. Just open a live chat with them and ask them, it won’t do any harm! What are the weekly review emails though? I haven’t been receiving those, only correspondence from them about my application. Not sure it’ll make much difference but I applied for a role in Sheffield.

Yeah I already have reached out to them and they came back with a "There's been a delay message" and I've not been given a timeframe.

As you've had a conditional offer (congrats btw), I wouldn't expect you to have a reviewing email. I think the weekly reviewing emails are being sent to all the people who haven't yer been processed. Sheffield appear to be moving quick - Cardiff not so much 🙃
(edited 5 months ago)
From looking at other forums, all the offices seem to be working at different speeds. I applied at the Cardiff one - where did you apply?

Oh ok yeh that makes sense then, I applied at the Liverpool one
Reply 15
66 days since my OAC, still getting reviewing results emails. Not seen anyone say they were unsuccessful which makes me think that’s what’s gonna happen to me
I had my oac in October. Still says reviewing results on the platform where we can log in but have received no emails apart from day after the assessment to say I passed it. Others had conditional offers and asked to upload ID and so on. I have no clue what stage I’m at or why everyone is having such different experiences it’s crazy
Reply 17
I had my oac in October. Still says reviewing results on the platform where we can log in but have received no emails apart from day after the assessment to say I passed it. Others had conditional offers and asked to upload ID and so on. I have no clue what stage I’m at or why everyone is having such different experiences it’s crazy

Yeah it's all very unfair leaving people in limbo. Hope we hear back from them before the end of the year atleast 🫠
Reply 18

I had similar to your on 2/10 i got the you passed email and on 31/10 i got an offer and asked to complete checks. Completed checks on 10/11 still waiting for that nw
Reply 19
Original post by Ahagags
I had similar to your on 2/10 i got the you passed email and on 31/10 i got an offer and asked to complete checks. Completed checks on 10/11 still waiting for that nw

Out of interest were the pre-employment checks or the security vetting checks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending