The Student Room Group

pharmacy - struggling with lecture vs textbooks

for formulations of drugs aultons is a solid book but im struggling for the right testbook to use for cardiovascular systems and respiratory

rang and dales pharmacology is recommended but i find that it lacks detail about body anatomy, so i have bought books from the reading list but i cant decide which one to use and im worried come exam time ill have notes that are too detailed as some lectures dont really explain stuff properly
@planktion34

Hi, sorry that you are the prey of whales; however, there are billions of you so you might be ok! :lol:

Also sorry that you have had no reply for so long!

It is not clear which subject you are struggling with: you mention formulation [pharmaceutics], as well as anatomy [r u in first year?] as well as pharmacology [CVS & resp].

The exact syllabus will depend on your uni and the lecturers' research interests - learning detail can only be a good thing as long as you do not get carried away with irrelevant material in exams [read the Qs carefully TWICE!]

For anatomy, the choice is wide: for pharmacology in the pharmacy course [I have done BSc in the former, but not the latter] there is very good coverage on the CVS + resp system in Review of Medical Pharmacology [McGraw-Hill] while at the same time not far too detailed. I have no info at all on -ceutics books.
Please say what subject you are talking about!!

M
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending