The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Investment Banking

I'm a STEM student on a gap year with an offer from UCL for my subject (Earth Sciences) but I was rejected from Imperial. However, I spoke to the admissions tutors at Imperial and they said they if I were to reapply with some additional credentials that I'm working on this year, I stand a markedly better chance of being made an offer. I have an interest in banking and finance and I'd like to go to a target university so that if it does become my focus then I can pursue it. Is there a huge difference between Imperial and UCL for recruiting? Or should I just stick with UCL and not take another gap year.
For investment banking Imperial and UCL are essentially equivalent.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm a STEM student on a gap year with an offer from UCL for my subject (Earth Sciences) but I was rejected from Imperial. However, I spoke to the admissions tutors at Imperial and they said they if I were to reapply with some additional credentials that I'm working on this year, I stand a markedly better chance of being made an offer. I have an interest in banking and finance and I'd like to go to a target university so that if it does become my focus then I can pursue it. Is there a huge difference between Imperial and UCL for recruiting? Or should I just stick with UCL and not take another gap year.

I have a friend who is a second year student at Durham
He did two spring weeks and when there it was a diverse number of unis
They weren’t all Cambridge or imperial
instead it was a very wide spread so the uni make no difference
Go for the course and place you want
UCL is excellent
They interviewed them for summer schemes and didn’t seem bothered about which uni they went to
Yes they want a good one but they were happy with any russelll really
And they liked other good unis like bath etc
They were all different

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending