The Student Room Group

BA vs BA(hons) - urgent question! Please

Hi there, this may sound like a silly question but I’m genuinely confused. I’m applying soon and just realised for some of my unis my course is listed on the website as ‘BA’ and on others ‘BA (hons)’. Does this mean I can’t graduate with an honours on the ones that just say ‘BA’ It surprised me because one of my choices is UoLeeds and they’re well established, but the course doesn’t say hons. I’m not sure how this all works… first gen applicant! Please could someone explain.
I know an honours degree is required for most postgraduate programs, so I don’t want to apply anywhere that won’t let me get an honours level qualification…
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Littlemoon24
Hi there, this may sound like a silly question but I’m genuinely confused. I’m applying soon and just realised for some of my unis my course is listed on the website as ‘BA’ and on others ‘BA (hons)’. Does this mean I can’t graduate with an honours on the ones that just say ‘BA’ It surprised me because one of my choices is UoLeeds and they’re well established, but the course doesn’t say hons. I’m not sure how this all works… first gen applicant! Please could someone explain.
I know an honours degree is required for most postgraduate programs, so I don’t want to apply anywhere that won’t let me get an honours level qualification…

Normally this is just a simplification for marketing purposes. If you go onto the course page on the university website and look for the course/programme specification document that will have the full award title.

Quick Reply

Latest