The Student Room Group

Retrieving photography portfolio

Now this is random as I have long since left school but was wondering if there was any way to retrieve a photography portfolio if you are no longer a student is that even something s school would still have years later, I went to pent valley Folkestone if that helps in any way. It’s been so long I just remember some photos I would love to get back and don’t remember if it was ever given back to me before I left as it wasn’t a profession I ever went on to pursue
Original post by Novelover29
Now this is random as I have long since left school but was wondering if there was any way to retrieve a photography portfolio if you are no longer a student is that even something s school would still have years later, I went to pent valley Folkestone if that helps in any way. It’s been so long I just remember some photos I would love to get back and don’t remember if it was ever given back to me before I left as it wasn’t a profession I ever went on to pursue

The only way to find out is to ask.

This is why universities recommend applicants and students keep copies and photographs of their work.
Reply 2
Yes I thought that might be the case I was just wondering if there was a way to retrieve it digitally as the school has changed so much I’m not sure if any of the staff would know me anymore but thanks for your helpful reply
Original post by Novelover29
Yes I thought that might be the case I was just wondering if there was a way to retrieve it digitally as the school has changed so much I’m not sure if any of the staff would know me anymore but thanks for your helpful reply

Best way to start finding out is to ring up on Monday morning and ask who would be best to contact about this - and how. That way you should save yourself time waiting for replies.

Different schools and departments will have different record keeping setups so it’s well worth pestering!
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Best way to start finding out is to ring up on Monday morning and ask who would be best to contact about this - and how. That way you should save yourself time waiting for replies.

Different schools and departments will have different record keeping setups so it’s well worth pestering!

Thanks I might just give this a try it sounds like it could be worth a shot

Quick Reply

Latest