The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St John Accommodation Advice

Hi! I'm aiming to study at YSJ this September, and I'm planning on applying for accommodation for either/both St Mary's and Grange House.
They are the same price for standard rooms, however I am only given a lineart aerial view of the rooms, and one photo of a double-bed st mary's room.
I cannot find any videos or photos showing a Standard Room for either of them in full, and the photos in the Gallery don't specify which house/flat in The Grange they are of, so I'm not sure which one I'd prefer.

If any former/current student has any photos/videos of a Standard Room in St Mary's House, Grange House, and/or Limes Court I would extremely appreciate it! :smile:))) Thank you!
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi Rosie,

We have a decision day, on Saturday 17th February, which you can book onto here Decision Day register link . You can find the program for the day here as well Program . The accommodation team will be around to talk to, and you will also be able to view some of the accommodation on the day as well.

The next decision day after the 17th February, is Wednesday 27 March 2024, 9.00am to 3.30pm, which you will also be able to speak to the accommodation team at, and see some of the accommodation as well.

Hope this helped!

Suzan - Student Ambassador
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by YSJstudents
Hi Rosie,

We have a decision day, on Saturday 17th February, which you can book onto here Decision Day register link . You can find the program for the day here as well Program . The accommodation team will be around to talk to, and you will also be able to view some of the accommodation on the day as well.

The next decision day after the 17th February, is Wednesday 27 March 2024, 9.00am to 3.30pm, which you will also be able to speak to the accommodation team at, and see some of the accommodation as well.

Hope this helped!

Suzan - Student Ambassador

Hi, thanks for getting back to me! Applications for accommodation open up on the 14th, and I've gathered that it's generally a 'first come, first served' situation (I know the actual deadline for applying is later on, but it seems like the sooner you apply the better chance you have?), and I want to make sure I apply as soon as it opens to get the best shot at getting the accommodation I want/can afford, if that makes sense? In any case, if I can't make it to any decision days, is there any other way of seeing photos/videos of the different accom rooms? Thanks :smile:))
Hi Rosie
Yes it is better to apply as soon as they open as you are then more likely to be allocated your first choice. There are photos and videos of some rooms on the YSJ website however, if you are unable to come to the decision day I would suggest contacting the accommodation team and asking if they can provide you with better photos or if they can arrange for you to see some of the different rooms in person at a later date. Their email address and telephone number is [email protected] 01904 876 660
They will also be able to give you any other information regarding your accommodation preferences and help with any concerns/questions you have.

I hope this helps! :smile:

Lauren- Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending