The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine D100 interviews for 2024

Hi! Just wondering what uni everyone’s applied to and whether you’ve heard back about any interviews? I’ve applied to UCLan and Liverpool :smile: not heard back from either yet though
Reply 1
Hi I’m a first year at Bristol and applied last year, you definitely won’t hear back about interviews before the deadline and I believe last year the first school to send interviews out was Surrey in early November! Last year liverpool started mid November ish and I didn’t hear back from UCLan until December x
Original post by ALEreapp
Hi I’m a first year at Bristol and applied last year, you definitely won’t hear back about interviews before the deadline and I believe last year the first school to send interviews out was Surrey in early November! Last year liverpool started mid November ish and I didn’t hear back from UCLan until December x

Ah, I believed that might be the case. I sent in my application the day they opened so I've been waiting a few weeks and am really eager to hear back! I had heard that some unis offered within 2 weeks or 10 working days sometimes but I might have been wrong
Reply 3
Original post by itsablandlife
Ah, I believed that might be the case. I sent in my application the day they opened so I've been waiting a few weeks and am really eager to hear back! I had heard that some unis offered within 2 weeks or 10 working days sometimes but I might have been wrong

Some unis will offer quickly but generally that timeline will start at the deadline, you are currently before week 0 (week of deadline) and so it’s unlikely many will even look at your application they will simply acknowledge it. The timeline for offers/interviews generally starts the 15th but even then take it with a grain of salt.
Out of curiosity is there any reason you’ve only applied to 2? It’s always recommended to use all your options particularly with UCLan and Liverpool being very different schools x
(edited 7 months ago)
You may get some acknowledgement from the schools, but you are unlikely to get offered an interview until after the UCAS deadline, when all applications have been received. This is because most of the vet schools compare your application with others in order to decide who to give interviews/offers to. :smile:
Some unis will offer quickly but generally that timeline will start at the deadline, you are currently before week 0 (week of deadline) and so it’s unlikely many will even look at your application they will simply acknowledge it. The timeline for offers/interviews generally starts the 15th but even then take it with a grain of salt.
Out of curiosity is there any reason you’ve only applied to 2? It’s always recommended to use all your options particularly with UCLan and Liverpool being very different schools x

I've applied to UCLan, Liverpool foundation and Liverpool normal for Vet Med and then Myerscough for vet nursing. I'm in Liverpool and I live with my boyfriend so I'm unable to relocate so I'm only able to apply for unis that aren't too far especially as I can't drive yet. Otherwise I'd have applied to 5 :smile:
Reply 6
I've applied to UCLan, Liverpool foundation and Liverpool normal for Vet Med and then Myerscough for vet nursing. I'm in Liverpool and I live with my boyfriend so I'm unable to relocate so I'm only able to apply for unis that aren't too far especially as I can't drive yet. Otherwise I'd have applied to 5 :smile:

Ah okay fair enough. Have you checked with Lpool abt applying for both their foundation and normal just as the website does say ‘ADDITIONAL: Applicants should normally be considered ineligible for direct entry to the BDS, MBChB, BVSc routes and have been out of education for at least 5 years. Mature students who have recently studied an access course (that is not eligible for direct entry) or have work- related qualifications will be considered.’ So wouldn’t want you to get automatically rejected based on a technicality x
Hi! Just wondering what uni everyone’s applied to and whether you’ve heard back about any interviews? I’ve applied to UCLan and Liverpool :smile: not heard back from either yet though

Hi there @itsablandlife,

How are you? :smile:

Great to hear that you have applied for our BVMS Veterinary Medicine & Surgery course!

Please be assured that our admissions team are working hard to process applications and will be in touch as soon as possible to give you an update.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help.

All the best, :smile:
Sarah
Ah okay fair enough. Have you checked with Lpool abt applying for both their foundation and normal just as the website does say ‘ADDITIONAL: Applicants should normally be considered ineligible for direct entry to the BDS, MBChB, BVSc routes and have been out of education for at least 5 years. Mature students who have recently studied an access course (that is not eligible for direct entry) or have work- related qualifications will be considered.’ So wouldn’t want you to get automatically rejected based on a technicality x

Ah, I'm not sure. I haven't seen anything directly saying you can't apply for both? I originally applied only for the foundation, however found out that if you have 15 weeks work experience you can do the MOOC if you can't get clinical experience so I did the MOOC since I have 15 weeks experience since 2018. Then I applied also for the main D100 course so I'm not sure if it's not allowed. Hopefully it'll be okay. I'm going to the open day in October so I can ask then
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there @itsablandlife,

How are you? :smile:

Great to hear that you have applied for our BVMS Veterinary Medicine & Surgery course!

Please be assured that our admissions team are working hard to process applications and will be in touch as soon as possible to give you an update.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help.

All the best, :smile:
Sarah

Hi! Just wondering, do you have an idea of when you guys will start sending out interview invitations? For example, Liverpool uni said they'll be carrying out interviews between November and December. Will UCLan be the same or later? Thanks!
Reply 10
Ah, I'm not sure. I haven't seen anything directly saying you can't apply for both? I originally applied only for the foundation, however found out that if you have 15 weeks work experience you can do the MOOC if you can't get clinical experience so I did the MOOC since I have 15 weeks experience since 2018. Then I applied also for the main D100 course so I'm not sure if it's not allowed. Hopefully it'll be okay. I'm going to the open day in October so I can ask then

I would check as some schools get funny about it. As per the thing I quoted in my last message it might not be okay so definitely worth getting it in email to hold against them if they say it’s okay x

Hi there

Great to hear that you are interested in studying at the University of Liverpool! Let me know if you would like to know anything else about the University or the City.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 12
Hi everyone, I'm applying to RVC, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Bristol. I was wondering if anyone has an idea of when interview offers will be sent?
Reply 13
Original post by louisvbird
You may get some acknowledgement from the schools, but you are unlikely to get offered an interview until after the UCAS deadline, when all applications have been received. This is because most of the vet schools compare your application with others in order to decide who to give interviews/offers to. :smile:

Does this apply to offers as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending