The Student Room Group

predict your gcse grades!! (2023-2024)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by httpluuv
how do you revise geography? whenever i do end of unit or in class tests i always get an 8 or 9, but in my mocks i got a 6 despite revising so much. my predicted grade is a 7 but i really want that 9.

i usually just go over case studies and key information. the night before the exam i watch youtube summary videos for that paper. practicing how to structure your writing is also v helpful
hii ! thought i'd put my predicted grades here ! i'm aiming for all 9's in my subjects but
my school predictions :
maths: 9
further maths: 8
biology: 9
chemistry: 9
physics: 9
english lit: 8
english lang: 9
spanish: 9
history: 9
geography: 8

heres my own predicted grades:
maths: 8
further maths: 7
physics: 8
english lang: 8
spanish: 8
history: 8
Reply 22
Original post by vampxenaa
hii ! thought i'd put my predicted grades here ! i'm aiming for all 9's in my subjects but
my school predictions :
maths: 9
further maths: 8
physics: 9
english lang: 9
spanish: 9
history: 9

heres my own predicted grades:
maths: 8
further maths: 7
physics: 8
english lang: 8
spanish: 8
history: 8

looks like you're already on the path to all 9s, good luck 🤍🤍
Original post by milktee
looks like you're already on the path to all 9s, good luck 🤍🤍

you too !! hope we both do well <33
Reply 24
i hope i don't get humbled after this

english lang - 8
english lit - 8
maths - 9 (praying 🙏)
sociology - 8
combined science trilogy - 98
geography - 8
german - 8 or 9
dit - Distinction
music - Merit
Reply 25
Original post by agent_duck343
My predicted grades

maths 9

english language 7

english literature 7

biology 9

chemistry 9

physics 8

spanish 9

geography 9

food 9

computing 7

rs 8

further maths 8/9 (we haven’t done any fm tests so i’m not sure yet )

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE🩶🩶🩶

how do you revise spanish
how do you revise spanish

For each module I like to write out a few sentences so that within a few lines I have an example of how to use each grammatical feature for that module.
I use the acronym MOSS PPPANICCCSSS as a checklist for writing and speaking

more interesting vocabulary (no cognates)

object pronouns / direct object

superlatives

suelo + infinitive

present tense

preterite tense

perfect tense

acabo de + infinitive

near future tense

imperfect tense

conditional tense

continuous tense

comparatives

simple future tense

subjunctive tense

si clause

Then always try to include an idiom, negatives, opinions and talk about someone else
For each module I like to write out a few sentences so that within a few lines I have an example of how to use each grammatical feature for that module.
I use the acronym MOSS PPPANICCCSSS as a checklist for writing and speaking

more interesting vocabulary (no cognates)

object pronouns / direct object

superlatives

suelo + infinitive

present tense

preterite tense

perfect tense

acabo de + infinitive

near future tense

imperfect tense

conditional tense

continuous tense

comparatives

simple future tense

subjunctive tense

si clause

Then always try to include an idiom, negatives, opinions and talk about someone else

most panics is so real for Spanish😭😭
Reply 28
Original post by milktee
i've seen a-level students do this, so why not make one for us gcse students 🤞

i'm hoping for all 9s, but these are my more realistic predictions:

Spoiler

coming back here on thursday 22nd august 2024 so let's all work hard in these 3 months (100 days from now 🚨🚨🚨) to achieve our predicted and preferred gcse grades 💪💪

:woo: GOOD LUCK!! :woo:

ur predicted grades are so good!! any tips for maths?? i did my paper 1 mock yesterday and it went horribly and really want my predicted to stay an 8 do you think i could have a comeback with paper 2 and paper 3? and that my grade won’t drop down too much. maths help would be sooo appreciated
Original post by Tatakae L
most panics is so real for Spanish😭😭

Yep I thought it was relevant so I went with it
Yep I thought it was relevant so I went with it

its one you wont forget either lol. good luck on anything spanish related cuase that was my weakkest link
Reply 31
Original post by ctrlm.
Original post by milktee

Spoiler

coming back here on thursday 22nd august 2024 so let's all work hard in these 3 months (100 days from now 🚨🚨🚨) to achieve our predicted and preferred gcse grades 💪💪

ur predicted grades are so good!! any tips for maths?? i did my paper 1 mock yesterday and it went horribly and really want my predicted to stay an 8 do you think i could have a comeback with paper 2 and paper 3? and that my grade won’t drop down too much. maths help would be sooo appreciated

practice frequently. for gcse maths i use maths genie videos and questions, and i use corbett maths for further maths. with maths and further maths, i alternate between them each morning and i do 30 minutes from 6 to 6:30 before school. also make a spreadsheet of all your topics and highlight them red orange or green depending on your confidence in the topics. the weak topics you should practice first. just do this on and on until easter then do practice questions as often as possible
Reply 32
Original post by ctrlm.

thank youuu 🤍 i actually got my maths mocks back today and it went really horrible asw... even though my predicted is still a 9
but as @httpluuv said, i definitely recommend doing lotss of frequent practice, which is the only way you'll improve. i didn't revise much at all for maths , which is why i did quite bad in my mock
i normally use corbettmaths (i've heard maths genie is also helpful) to understand the methods of what to do for questions, for example, and then do lots pf practice questions from either pmt or anywhere i find online
the only way to really get better is maths is practice, practice and MORE PRACTICE, so good luckkk 🤍
Reply 33

practice frequently. for gcse maths i use maths genie videos and questions, and i use corbett maths for further maths. with maths and further maths, i alternate between them each morning and i do 30 minutes from 6 to 6:30 before school. also make a spreadsheet of all your topics and highlight them red orange or green depending on your confidence in the topics. the weak topics you should practice first. just do this on and on until easter then do practice questions as often as possible
ty!! this was really helpful
Reply 34
Original post by milktee
thank youuu 🤍 i actually got my maths mocks back today and it went really horrible asw... even though my predicted is still a 9
but as @httpluuv said, i definitely recommend doing lotss of frequent practice, which is the only way you'll improve. i didn't revise much at all for maths , which is why i did quite bad in my mock
i normally use corbettmaths (i've heard maths genie is also helpful) to understand the methods of what to do for questions, for example, and then do lots pf practice questions from either pmt or anywhere i find online
the only way to really get better is maths is practice, practice and MORE PRACTICE, so good luckkk 🤍

ty!! really hope the practicing pays off good luck on ur gcses 🤍
Reply 35
Original post by ctrlm.
ty!! really hope the practicing pays off good luck on ur gcses 🤍

thank youuu <3
Reply 36
Original post by ctrlm.

ty!! this was really helpful

you’re welcome!
Reply 37
Original post by ctrlm.

hi! I'm predicted 9 and getting 9s, and this is what I would do:

watch the GCSE Maths Tutor videos for concepts you do not understand - they are incredibly useful and good at explaining stuff that you might not recall. I used a lot of his videos to self teach myself content as my teacher is a bit useless and I miss a lot of lessons due to sickness.

I cannot express how important past paper questions are - just do them a LOT and again and again if necessary - they help you get familiar with mark schemes and with general question structure as exam boards tend to stick to similar structures.

for exam questions by topic, I highly recommend MathsGenie - they have questions by topic AND topics by grade eg proving circle theorems is a grade 8/9 topic, which is seen on the website.

I can help with any other subjects too, I'm predicted same across the board! ❤️ hope this helps and good luck x
Original post by milktee

Spoiler

Here are my (hopefully!!) realistic predicted grades:
English Literature: 9
English Language: 9
History: 9
Maths: 9
Spanish: 7/8 (predicted 7 but want an 8)
Physics: 8/9 (predicted 9 but have really struggled in the past despite doing well on the mocks so probably 8)
Chemistry: 9
Biology: 9
RS: 9 (Achieved!)
Drama: 8
Textiles: 8
(If anyone has any study tips for English language, the sciences or Spanish I’d love to know!!!)-good luck everyone!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Jam12345
Here are my (hopefully!!) realistic predicted grades:
English Literature: 9
English Language: 9
History: 9
Maths: 9
Spanish: 7/8 (predicted 7 but want an 8)
Physics: 8/9 (predicted 9 but have really struggled in the past despite doing well on the mocks so probably 8)
Chemistry: 9
Biology: 9
RS: 9 (Achieved!)
Drama: 8
Textiles: 8
(If anyone has any study tips for English language, the sciences or Spanish I’d love to know!!!)-good luck everyone!

hi! these are amazing!

for the sciences, I would recommend Cognito videos for concepts you do not recall or just for revision, I think theyre really concise and useful.

I would also recommend the CGP revision guides and taking notes from them / making flashcards

the revision guides also come with online quizzes, which cover everything and are super useful

I also use Seneca revision, which is super useful as it has all the content, videos and quizzes

once you have consolidated your knowledge, your best bet is doing past paper questions over and over. Physics and Maths tutor has past papers, and has questions by topic.

hope this is ok!

Quick Reply

Latest