The Student Room Group

predict your gcse grades!! (2023-2024)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emaanqur
hi! these are amazing!

for the sciences, I would recommend Cognito videos for concepts you do not recall or just for revision, I think theyre really concise and useful.

I would also recommend the CGP revision guides and taking notes from them / making flashcards

the revision guides also come with online quizzes, which cover everything and are super useful

I also use Seneca revision, which is super useful as it has all the content, videos and quizzes

once you have consolidated your knowledge, your best bet is doing past paper questions over and over. Physics and Maths tutor has past papers, and has questions by topic.

hope this is ok!

Thanks so much!!!
Reply 41
Original post by milktee
i've seen a-level students do this, so why not make one for us gcse students 🤞

i'm hoping for all 9s, but these are my more realistic predictions:

Spoiler

coming back here on thursday 22nd august 2024 so let's all work hard in these 3 months (100 days from now 🚨🚨🚨) to achieve our predicted and preferred gcse grades 💪💪

:woo: GOOD LUCK!! :woo:

I guess I should also give my predictions for my GCSEs because why not:

English Language - 8

English Literature - 7/8

Maths - 9

Computer Science - 9

Biology- 8/9

Chemistry - 8/9

Physics - 9

Geography - 8

Spanish - 7/8

Hopefully, I get higher so I can get into some high achievers programs in college :smile:
Of course though idealistically I want all 9s
Good luck to you all in 3 months!
Reply 42
Original post by milktee

Spoiler

coming back here on thursday 22nd august 2024 so let's all work hard in these 3 months (100 days from now 🚨🚨🚨) to achieve our predicted and preferred gcse grades 💪💪

Hello everyone!
Maths 9
Physics, Chemistry, English (lit and lang), Music, History 8
Biology, Art 7
I think my art predicwted grade honestly should be a 6 lol
Heres my mocks for GCSE this term!!
Mathematics 9
Eng lit 9
Eng lang 9
Bio 8
Phy 8
Chem 9
Classical civ 9
Art 9
Religion + Philosophy 9
German 7

And an extra algebra maths award paper (pass)
I haven't tried the further maths paper, but I'm considering it!

Overall, I'm aiming for 9s in all of my GCSEs except for German (cause it's German!! Well, it'd be nice to have a 7 or 8 at least 🙂 )

Goodluck to everyone!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 44
Original post by jelllyfiiish
Heres my mocks for GCSE this term!!
Mathematics 9
Eng lit 9
Eng lang 9
Bio 8
Phy 8
Chem 9
Classical civ 9
Art 9
Religion + Philosophy 9
German 7

And an extra algebra maths award paper (pass)
I haven't tried the further maths paper, but I'm considering it!

Overall, I'm aiming for 9s in all of my GCSEs except for German (cause it's German!! Well, it'd be nice to have a 7 or 8 at least 🙂 )

Goodluck to everyone!
hi!

for me, English literature is the only subject that I am not getting a 9 in.
would you mind DMing me your grade 9 essay, so that I can compare it to mine and improve it?
I do Jekyll and hyde, animal farm and Romeo and Juliet 🙂 I really hope thats okay, and well done!!
if you need anything from me in any subject. I am happy to help!
Reply 45
Original post by milktee

Spoiler

I'm also aiming for all 9s but i'm quite weak at english so can you guys please give me tipssss 🙂
Reply 46
Original post by Sooha
I'm also aiming for all 9s but i'm quite weak at english so can you guys please give me tipssss 🙂
ahah i'm so sorry but english is my weakest asw, despite my teachers having high hopes for me and predicting me decent grades 😭😭💔
Reply 47
Original post by iasd
You are dummy shut up loser dummy
dude what's your issue
hi!

would you mind DMing me your grade 9 essay, so that I can compare it to mine and improve it?
I do Jekyll and hyde, animal farm and Romeo and Juliet 🙂 I really hope thats okay, and well done!!
My teachers have taken in mock papers until we finish GCSEs, but here are the structures I would go for:

Unseen poem: Use a PETA structure (Point, evidence, technique, analysis) - try to write around 10-12 mini points for this!
Poem comparison: PETACETA structure (Point, evidence, technique, analysis, comparison, evi, tech, ana) - try to write 4-6 of these.

In my mock exam, I remember writing around 3-4 pages for each section if that's helpful.
Hopefully you achieve all those 9s!
Reply 49
Original post by Sooha
English language is my stronger English, so I can help you out with that!
im not sure as to what exam board you do, but generally the structure for questions is similar.

for the language and structure analysis question, I would make sure to make an equal amount of language and structure points. for example, in my 12 marker , I do 2 language and 2 structure paragraphs to show breadth go textual knowledge.

for the big text comparison question, I would start off with an introduction laying out what you are going to say. for my ocr exam board, I am required to evaluate and compare, so I would say something like,, 'I mostly agree with this statement, that ..... (rephrasing the statement given). however, I am unable to fully agree, because text one suggests this more powerfully(or more whatever the statement says) than text two' or vice versa. this usually gives the examiner a clear overview of what you're going to say, and will help you maintain a cohesive argument in your essay. my essay is 18 marks, so I proceed to write 3 big comparative paragraphs, with explanations of the technique, its effect and its impact on the reader. make sure to include at least one paragraph of agreement and one of disagreement, and one more of whether you are mostly agreeing or disagreeing.

for the creative writing pieces , I would recommend developing a few plots before the exams, that can sort of fit into any narrative title, the exam board will usually give pretty broad titles, so if you have a few plots, one of them will almost definitely fit into the title you are given.

hope thats okay!

Reply 50
English language is my stronger English, so I can help you out with that!
im not sure as to what exam board you do, but generally the structure for questions is similar.

for the language and structure analysis question, I would make sure to make an equal amount of language and structure points. for example, in my 12 marker , I do 2 language and 2 structure paragraphs to show breadth go textual knowledge.

for the big text comparison question, I would start off with an introduction laying out what you are going to say. for my ocr exam board, I am required to evaluate and compare, so I would say something like,, 'I mostly agree with this statement, that ..... (rephrasing the statement given). however, I am unable to fully agree, because text one suggests this more powerfully(or more whatever the statement says) than text two' or vice versa. this usually gives the examiner a clear overview of what you're going to say, and will help you maintain a cohesive argument in your essay. my essay is 18 marks, so I proceed to write 3 big comparative paragraphs, with explanations of the technique, its effect and its impact on the reader. make sure to include at least one paragraph of agreement and one of disagreement, and one more of whether you are mostly agreeing or disagreeing.

for the creative writing pieces , I would recommend developing a few plots before the exams, that can sort of fit into any narrative title, the exam board will usually give pretty broad titles, so if you have a few plots, one of them will almost definitely fit into the title you are given.

hope thats okay!

i do AQA
Reply 51
Original post by milktee

Spoiler

Sounds like you will do amazingly, good luck !! Xx
Reply 52
Original post by emma_eep
Sounds like you will do amazingly, good luck !! Xx
thank you so muchhh, good luck to you too 🤍🤍
Reply 53
I'll predict all 8s and 9s - probably all 9s if I start revising more consistently.
Reply 54
This mine guys:
Maths - 9
Bio - 9
Chem - 9
Physics - 9
English Lang - 9
English Lit - 8
Comp Sci - 9
Geog - 9
Statistics - 9
Spanish - 8
These are my predicted, and if I get this I will be EXTREMELY happy, as I was getting 6s/7s in year 10. Good luck guys!!!
Original post by milktee

Spoiler

I'm in Year 10 and these are the grades i'm hoping to get in the mocks
Maths - 4 (Currently 2+) - Don't know tier
Eng Lit - 5 (Struggling and currently 4)
Eng Lang - 5 (Again currently 4)
Photography - 5 (,currently 4)
French - 9 (At around 5-6) - Don't know my tier
Geography - 4 (Currently 4)
Food - 4 (Currently 4)
Science - 4 (Currently 4+) - Don't know tier
If anyone has any tips/tricks especially French, feel free to PM me! I'm good but like i'm way behind!
(edited 2 months ago)
hi!

YESS I need help on whole text on R&J
Reply 57
Original post by milktee

Spoiler

im really not sure but im hoping all 7s and above, but: drama 9, history 9, geography 9, music 7, health and social care D2, maths 8, English literature 7, English language 9, combined science 7:7
id like to get higher in music and science, but I hate my music class and im a bit unsure about how well I can do in science
How to revise for listening and reading in a language like german
Original post by AdityaBaderia
How to revise for listening and reading in a language like german
I find using Quizlet helps me a lot with vocabulary learning + trains me to memorise specific words that you never knew could come up!
Moreover, a considerable part of listening and reading is knowing vocabulary, so I would try to expand your knowledge of words.
Good luck with the German revision.

Quick Reply

Latest