The Student Room Group

predict your gcse grades!! (2023-2024)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trickia
Damm thats amazing! A huge well done on those grades 🎉🍻

thank you so much!!
Reply 81
Original post by maveline
i'm absolutely 100 percent certain that you're gna ace those final exams with all 9s 💪💪

gosh that score is amazinggg, and yes i defo need to do a lot of practice on 9 markers

no literally, like most people in my year say they hate german so it makes me feel happy that i started liking german since y7 <3. omg you really are acing all your exams, i remember by nov speaking wasn't the best (i got around 70 percent) and i genuinely thought the speaking that i just did (in jan) was a lot worse but i somehow managed to get 87 percent?? and thank youuu 🤍

omds that must've been really annoying 😭😭 at least your overall score was still gooddd, and i've learnt that i need to be really exact in what i write for my answers otherwise i'm gna end up losing over 10 marks in the actual exam asw... how did you find the writing mockk? i personally think writing and reading are my strong suits, defo not listening lool

ooo alrightt, and yeah i think edexcel is a lot harder for both english and maths which is annoying 😭 thank youu <33

yes omg most people who took computer science literally regret it so much and they hate the subject, but i actually enjoy cs and i'm going to study it at uni asw so i'm hoping i get a 9 in my actual gcse, thank you again 🤍

i know that you've definitely put a lot of effort into revision too, so you should be proud of yourself and your grades asw 🤍

i'm sure you're gonna do absolutely amazing in your gcse's. im wishing the best for you and hoping you get all the grades you want. i'm sure you can do this!!! thank you for brlieving in me too!!! 💞thank you so muchhh 🤍🤍 and of course <33 let's hope we both ace those exams in 70 days 💪
Reply 82
i got my english literature 2 results back and i got a grade 8. i'm proud of myself considering the fact i've never done it before.

i got 58/60 on german writing (grade 9) and i'm SO happy with myself omg 😭😭

overall, i've gotten grade 9's in every mock exam apart from maths paper 1 (i was 1 mark off a 9) and english literature - even then i got grade 8!!
WOOO CONGRATS OMG i told you that you'd do amazing on writing 🤍🤍 so proud of you <3
Original post by milktee
i'm absolutely 100 percent certain that you're gna ace those final exams with all 9s 💪💪

gosh that score is amazinggg, and yes i defo need to do a lot of practice on 9 markers

no literally, like most people in my year say they hate german so it makes me feel happy that i started liking german since y7 <3. omg you really are acing all your exams, i remember by nov speaking wasn't the best (i got around 70 percent) and i genuinely thought the speaking that i just did (in jan) was a lot worse but i somehow managed to get 87 percent?? and thank youuu 🤍

omds that must've been really annoying 😭😭 at least your overall score was still gooddd, and i've learnt that i need to be really exact in what i write for my answers otherwise i'm gna end up losing over 10 marks in the actual exam asw... how did you find the writing mockk? i personally think writing and reading are my strong suits, defo not listening lool

ooo alrightt, and yeah i think edexcel is a lot harder for both english and maths which is annoying 😭 thank youu <33

yes omg most people who took computer science literally regret it so much and they hate the subject, but i actually enjoy cs and i'm going to study it at uni asw so i'm hoping i get a 9 in my actual gcse, thank you again 🤍

i know that you've definitely put a lot of effort into revision too, so you should be proud of yourself and your grades asw 🤍

i'm sure you're gonna do absolutely amazing in your gcse's. im wishing the best for you and hoping you get all the grades you want. i'm sure you can do this!!! thank you for brlieving in me too!!! 💞
thank you so muchhh 🤍🤍 and of course <33 let's hope we both ace those exams in 70 days 💪

i'm sure we will!!!
Original post by milktee
i got my english literature 2 results back and i got a grade 8. i'm proud of myself considering the fact i've never done it before.

i got 58/60 on german writing (grade 9) and i'm SO happy with myself omg 😭😭

overall, i've gotten grade 9's in every mock exam apart from maths paper 1 (i was 1 mark off a 9) and english literature - even then i got grade 8!!
WOOO CONGRATS OMG i told you that you'd do amazing on writing 🤍🤍 so proud of you <3

TYSM!!! 💞💞💞
Reply 85

TYSM!!! 💞💞💞
OFCC 🤍🤍
(edited 1 month ago)
okok so!! i have some updates on some of my results for my february mocks:

english lang: 9 (barely)
english lit: not fully marked yet BUT my lord of the flies essay got 27/30 + 4 spag (grade 9)
maths paper 1: 8, one mark off of a 9 ... 💀
maths paper 2: will be fully marked by tomorrow
maths paper 3: doing it next thursday
geography: 9 (on paper 1 and paper 2!! only dropped 9 marks on the physical paper)
sociology: 9 (on both papers!!!)
physics p1: 9
chemistry p1: 9
german listening: 9
german reading: 9 (only dropped 6 marks i think!!)
german writing: not been marked yet

i'm super proud of myself ahhhh i'm seeing so much improvement with myself and my timing for my subjects, especially with english, sociology and geography!! i'm hoping i can keep this up for the real exam. best of luck to everyone else :smile:
any tips for socioology?
Omg congrats on the amazing mock results
Not long now guys u can do it! I believe in u all
Reply 88
Original post by ebyrne2036
Omg congrats on the amazing mock results
Not long now guys u can do it! I believe in u all
thank youuu, and yes good luck to everyone in these last 2 months 💪🤍🤍
Reply 90
How are we all feeling today?
really unproductive 😭😭 my anime is genuinely a PROBLEM bcs i could've completed so many more tasks if it weren't for it 😔
I get that what anime are you watching?
Original post by chocolemon08
okok so!! i have some updates on some of my results for my february mocks:

english lang: 9 (barely)
english lit: not fully marked yet BUT my lord of the flies essay got 27/30 + 4 spag (grade 9)
maths paper 1: 8, one mark off of a 9 ... 💀
maths paper 2: will be fully marked by tomorrow
maths paper 3: doing it next thursday
geography: 9 (on paper 1 and paper 2!! only dropped 9 marks on the physical paper)
sociology: 9 (on both papers!!!)
physics p1: 9
chemistry p1: 9
german listening: 9
german reading: 9 (only dropped 6 marks i think!!)
german writing: not been marked yet

i'm super proud of myself ahhhh i'm seeing so much improvement with myself and my timing for my subjects, especially with english, sociology and geography!! i'm hoping i can keep this up for the real exam. best of luck to everyone else :smile:
any tips for socioology?

my advice for sociology would be practising writing responses for the larger questions and try and work on your timing. previously, i was stuck at a grade 7, now i'm getting grade 9's in it.

for these mocks, i started with the biggest questions first before working my way down in terms of marks. i did this for english language as well and it's safe to say that it really helped me!

i'd make flashcards on sociologists and what they argued / studied as well as definitions (with examples). this REALLY helped me answer the questions in the exam.

as i previously mentioned, work on your timing. you only get 1 hour 45 minutes in each paper; it sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. you should be writing until the very last minute. practise writing quickly and consistently. all of this will benefit you for the real exam!
How are we all feeling today?

not too sure. it's my birthday but i'm behind on my flashcards thanks to an unplanned lunch with some family members yesterday AND i need to do some Bayonet Charge annotations for tomorrow, so i think my revision today needs to be really tight.

how about you?
Reply 94
I get that what anime are you watching?
i'm watching haikyu currently <3
Reply 95
not too sure. it's my birthday but i'm behind on my flashcards thanks to an unplanned lunch with some family members yesterday AND i need to do some Bayonet Charge annotations for tomorrow, so i think my revision today needs to be really tight.

how about you?
OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY hope you have the best day ever 🤍🤍🤍🥳🥳
Reply 96
Original post by httpluuv
how do you revise geography? whenever i do end of unit or in class tests i always get an 8 or 9, but in my mocks i got a 6 despite revising so much. my predicted grade is a 7 but i really want that 9.
hello!!! a-level student here (got a 9 on gcse geography)
my absolute biggest tip is KNOW YOUR CASE STUDIES. like, know them from cover to cover. i found that i didn't have to revise as much in the months leading up to my exam because i'd memorised all my case studies.
for landforms and processes, and if you need a way to memorise your case studies, make flashcards. this does sound pretty generic but it helps i promise. when you're more confident with the landforms, you can practice writing the formation out from memory and checking against your notes. a couple repetitions of this and you're good to go.
i also did a lot of past paper questions, but i'd advise doing these 2-3 days after you've revised a section (spaced recall am i right?)
finally, make sure you've got your paragraph structure nailed (PEEL, PEZZ etc.). it really helps when writing exam questions as your case study facts are neatly structured and that gets you into the top bands.
good luck!!
Original post by milktee

how about you?
OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY hope you have the best day ever 🤍🤍🤍🥳🥳

TYSM!!!
Reply 98
TYSM!!!

OFCC 🤍🤍

Quick Reply

Latest