The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Digital Humanities PhD/MPhil 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to hear about your MPhil rejection Anonymous #11! Best of luck on your other applications. Sounds like all PhD applicants are under Departmental Review at the moment. Is that correct? Anyone with any other status?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Anonymous #11
Mine changed to unsuccessful this morning. So everyone in running is still doing good I assume.

For PhD Or Mphil?
Original post by Anonymous #4
For PhD Or Mphil?

He said, "MPhil - and it changed directly from submitted."
Reply 63
I think they were doing the MPhils first now they have moved onto PhDs.
anybody heard of interviews?
DPhil candidate here. Mine just changed to under review (sometime between late yesterday afternoon and this morning).
Same, are there any DPhils here who are DP?
Reply 67
Original post by Anonymous #2
Same, are there any DPhils here who are DP?

We say PhDs in these parts :wink:

Mine is "Under Review"
Mine changed to unsuccessful this morning. So everyone in running is still doing good I assume.

Hi. May I ask if you’ve received an official rej from the PAO? Like in email. Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous #3
The department has confirmed that interviews are part of the PhD admissions process, and they are currently trying to decide which applicants to invite for interviews. They cannot confirm interview decision dates, but ultimately, application outcomes will be sent out by late February/March (I'm assuming they meant early March). Good luck everyone!

do we know if all shortlisted applicants would be interviewd or do they interview by exception? I wonder in order to send applications to funding bodies they should have already sorted out some qualified ones for the programmes, but this process is really taking long
Original post by Anonymous #12
Hi. May I ask if you’ve received an official rej from the PAO? Like in email. Thanks!

Hi, I did receive a system-generated email a day after the portal changed to 'Unsuccessful'.
Original post by Anonymous #7
do we know if all shortlisted applicants would be interviewd or do they interview by exception? I wonder in order to send applications to funding bodies they should have already sorted out some qualified ones for the programmes, but this process is really taking long

Not sure. All we know is they're currently trying to decide which applicants to interview. It's only been just over a month; I wouldn't say it's taking long. Oxford DPhils also interview late Feb/early March, and send outcomes by late March.
Hi, I did receive a system-generated email a day after the portal changed to 'Unsuccessful'.

Sounds like the system only sends out auto-generated emails on outcomes, but not when it changes between others.
Reply 73
To those with rejections are these for the PhD or MPhil.
Original post by Anonymous #1
To those with rejections are these for the PhD or MPhil.

MPhil
Any updates for anyone?
Still “submitted” for mphill…
Original post by Anonymous #14
Still “submitted” for mphill…

Can I please ask when did you submit your application?
Reply 78
Can I please ask when did you submit your application?

the night before the ddl😭
MPhil DP'ed on Feb 6th, still waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending